Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Downgrade from D1 to First on Transcon SEA JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

It looks like there was a schedule change and the 757 equipment is being swapped out with the configuration without the flatbeds. I have originally booked in D1 but it has now changed to First and when you hover over the seat map it says recliners. I asked Delta for a fare difference credit between D1 and first but they said there was none as they are both prem. cabins. Though 2 Delta operations staff told me I am due a credit of some kind because of the downgrade. Can anyone help clarify? Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Have you received confirmation of the aircraft change? I'm asking because in my experience after having flown JFK-SEA twice recently in D1 I noticed that seat configuration in both app and Delta website kept changing between showing me a D1 and F cabin layout.

Sorry, I don't have any advice about compensation if there is an aircraft change.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL switched the red-eye flight from D1 to F back in October. If OP is on a red-eye flight, it has definitely been switched to F equipment. There's were a couple of threads started back in October on the swap. One of the flights was already F, so they are now down to 1 or 2 daily D1 flights (the morning departures) with the other 2 being F equipment with recliners.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

I'm on the 7:50am flight on the 21st. The map shows the lieflat seats but when you hold your cursor over it it shows a description for a recliner.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Also when I called about it the rep said she wanted to move me to a D1 flight that day but there were none which didn't sound right as there is at least one a day between SEA and JFK. She wasn't sure what was going on with the map either.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
today is Saturday

all the weekly schedule update nonsense should be sorted out by Sun evening
audidudi and securesmaskfirst like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rxn211
I'm on the 7:50am flight on the 21st. The map shows the lieflat seats but when you hold your cursor over it it shows a description for a recliner.
21st of November? There are many aircraft swaps and special sections in the few days preceding and following Thanksgiving.
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pulpfiction78
Have you received confirmation of the aircraft change? I'm asking because in my experience after having flown JFK-SEA twice recently in D1 I noticed that seat configuration in both app and Delta website kept changing between showing me a D1 and F cabin layout.

Sorry, I don't have any advice about compensation if there is an aircraft change.
I have also seen them switch between F and D1 on this flight.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
today is Saturday

all the weekly schedule update nonsense should be sorted out by Sun evening
This--call back on Monday.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:46 am

It looks like the 757-200ER to me. You should receive the Delta One service and will have lie flat seats.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
It’s a flat-bed 75S but without the full D1 service. The seat map shows a 16 seat premium cabin and the only 757s out there with 16 seats up front is the 75S.

I am on the same morning flight SEA-JFK right now and can tell you that it is the international 75S with flat bed seats up front. They also provide the D1 pillows and duvets as well as the LSTN headphones but the catering is regular domestic First. Pre-departure beverage is also the typical domestic whatever-you-want in a plastic cup instead of the usual D1 OJ or sparkling wine in real glasses, and the breakfast choice is the typical domestic oatmeal or omelette. That’s why they are selling this as “First” instead of D1 on the morning departure even though they have been using the 75S on this one for a while now.
MarkP24 and rxn211 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

It’s a flat-bed 75S but without the full D1 service. The seat map shows a 16 seat premium cabin and the only 757s out there with 16 seats up front is the 75S.

I am on the same morning flight SEA-JFK right now and can tell you that it is the international 75S with flat bed seats up front. They also provide the D1 pillows and duvets as well as the LSTN headphones but the catering is regular domestic First. Pre-departure beverage is also the typical domestic whatever-you-want in a plastic cup instead of the usual D1 OJ or sparkling wine in real glasses, and the breakfast choice is the typical domestic oatmeal or omelette. That’s why they are selling this as “First” instead of D1 on the morning departure even though they have been using the 75S on this one for a while now.
That makes sense as the flight I'm on is listed as F, but shows D1 seats.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Ah, ok. Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I **LOVE** the D1 seats in the 75S, more than even the A350. Not because I like the suites better, but because the seats are so much softer and, at least to me, are more comfortable for sleeping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.