Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Its' Been Over a Year Since Clear Went Into JFK Terminal 2 - What about Terminal 4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Its' Been Over a Year Since Clear Went Into JFK Terminal 2 - What about Terminal 4?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Given that I believe Delta invested in Clear, gives discounts to Skymiles members, and opened in Terminal 2 about a year ago - what ever happened to plans to extend Clear to Terminal 4? One would think that by now it would be in Delta's primary terminal at one of its major hub airports.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
T4 is already such a madhouse that I'm not even sure where you'd put the Clear lanes.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I've been wondering the same. It isn't clear.
spamkiller, FSUnole03 and hi55us like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Did Clear ever explicitly state that they had plans to go to terminal 4?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL should rebuild T3 and just forget about T4....it’s such a bad experience
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Did Clear ever explicitly state that they had plans to go to terminal 4?
I thought Clear did or Delta did - but, I can't find it now with Google.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Last I was in the lounge at T4 (in December) the Clear signup people mentioned the issue was finding space for it in T4. Not that T4 security any time of day doesn't have the potential to be a madhouse (depending on how many lanes are open), afternoons / evenings are reliably PACKED with not much room to move queues around. I'm also still waiting for it in Boston...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Part of the issue may be that I believe Delta operates T2 itself, whereas a separate entity ("JFK International Air Terminal LLC", a subsidiary of Schiphol) operates T4.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Each terminal at JFK apparently operates as a separate entity - as I discovered when they reported on the recent storm and the mess at JFK. Apparently the port authority has very limited control over what each terminal does.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I just wish T2 would run Pre in the early afternoons...
Occupationalhazard likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Interesting. I thought the signs at JFK Terminal 2 looked like Schiphol signs because of design assistance. I didn't realize that a Schiphol entity managed the terminal as well.

Originally Posted by bgriff
Part of the issue may be that I believe Delta operates T2 itself, whereas a separate entity ("JFK International Air Terminal LLC", a subsidiary of Schiphol) operates T4.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Interesting. I thought the signs at JFK Terminal 2 looked like Schiphol signs because of design assistance. I didn't realize that a Schiphol entity managed the terminal as well.
The most distinctively Schiphol feature at T4 is the fly etched onto the urinals. https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121310977

As for the signage, I'm not sure where the design came from, but it's generally standard across all of the PANYNJ airports. Not sure if it comes from the Schiphol involvement at T4 or not. (T2 at JFK is *not* managed by Schiphol, I believe it and Terminals C/D at LGA are managed by Delta themselves, presumably with significant subcontracting of various elements.)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
Bingo
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta PM
The most distinctively Schiphol feature at T4 is the fly etched onto the urinals. https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=121310977

As for the signage, I'm not sure where the design came from, but it's generally standard across all of the PANYNJ airports. Not sure if it comes from the Schiphol involvement at T4 or not. (T2 at JFK is *not* managed by Schiphol, I believe it and Terminals C/D at LGA are managed by Delta themselves, presumably with significant subcontracting of various elements.)
They, Schiphol and KLM, built term 4 in the NWA-KLM days. Getting Terminal 4 in the NWA merger was part of DL's plan. It was new, while Terminals 2 & 3 were not.

Last edited by wxman22; Jan 9, 2018 at 12:01 pm Reason: addition
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

One would think that Delta has some influence over the Schiphol folks, and that Schiphol might be happy with the Clear lane. After all, they have Privium at Schiphol which is a similar idea.

Originally Posted by wxman22
Bingo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.