Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can you earn miles, MQM, etc on partner award tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn miles, MQM, etc on partner award tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Can we lock this one?
no.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by swingaling
As far as earning in the event of IROPs, it's possible to earn in limited circumstances. Typically it's only possible if you're rebooked to another (non-JV or non-alliance) airline. For instance, your DL flight is cancelled and you get them to rebook you on AA (on a revenue ticket). Decent chance you'd be able to retroactively claim mileage credit for the AA flight (with AAdvantage or another OW FFP, not DL obviously).

This still wouldn't garner any MQM or SkyMiles of course. But if you want to believe that you can earn SkyMiles on DL award flights, go right ahead.
but what if you credit it to a partner? Like for instance, book with Aeromexico or Virgin Atlantic or whoever’s miles, and then credit it to Flying Blue. For a flight on DL metal.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
...I think you can (as in, its possible)...
Big difference between possible and plausible.

Pretty sure airlines employee people whose job it is to find and eliminate the very type of loophole you are looking for. So good luck with that.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Can we lock this one?
This thread seems to be wasting some otherwise perfectly good electrons
CPMaverick, DLATL777 and defrosted like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:23 pm

Does anyone know if my flight is delayed by more than fifteen minutes that Delta owes you a free Delta Private Jet ride? My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw someone get a a private jet ride as compensation once. So how do I get that voucher...and do you think I can also get a meal voucher too?
CPMaverick and obnoxoid like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP

but what if you credit it to a partner? Like for instance, book with Aeromexico or Virgin Atlantic or whoever’s miles, and then credit it to Flying Blue. For a flight on DL metal.
As everyone else has already stated, no. Award tickets book into fare buckets that do not earn anything, regardless which airline you attempt to credit to.

Seems like you're just trolling at this point.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
If I knew a reliable way to get this to happen (which I don't), I sure as hell wouldn't post the details publicly @:-)
DLATL777, yohanson and pvn like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:13 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

this was, as you have already been told, already answered.

Originally Posted by LBJ
Partner awards are booked into fare classes which DL recognizes as award classes and thus ineligible for earning.
crediting to a partner won't change this. they all know what each other's award buckets are.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
As members have posted, the OP got an answer to the question, and this thread is now closed.

Ryandc99, Moderator, Delta Air Lines
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.