Delta360

Old Nov 7, 18, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Delta360

Iím based in SF and have $43k spend thus far that includes flights on klm and afódo these $$ count for delta 360 or just delta metal?
Old Nov 7, 18, 10:22 pm

Did you use your skymiles number when booking these KLM and AF tickets? in other words did you earn any MQDs from these flights?
If yes then whatever MQDs you earned will count towards your total spend. BTW in SF market I'd assume an MQD figure of 75k+ would have a chance of getting 360 invite
Old Nov 8, 18, 4:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Did you use your skymiles number when booking these KLM and AF tickets? in other words did you earn any MQDs from these flights?
If yes then whatever MQDs you earned will count towards your total spend. BTW in SF market I'd assume an MQD figure of 75k+ would have a chance of getting 360 invite
Even though it is not a hub city for Delta, I would bet even $75k isn't enough, I would bet it is more like $100K
Old Nov 8, 18, 5:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Delta has never publicly published what they actually look at. It's certainly possible they look at DL spend specifically (possibly in addition to total MQD).

"flights on klm and af " isn't very specific. Is your AF/KL spend on DL tickets? DL marketed flights? Transatlantic travel is (probably) just as good as DL spend because of the joint venture, but if you booked (eg) a AF flight from CDG-NRT, Delta might look at that differently than (eg) CDG-JFK.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat, Ambassador, Hertz Five Star
I'm NYC based, going to hit 90k MQD - mostly paid F/J international -- think I have a shot? Folks in my office with far less have no issues attaining CK and GS.
Old Dec 9, 18, 8:57 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I would guess NYC is probably going to be one of the markets where it's easier to attain since there's so much competition. Keep us posted.
Old Dec 9, 18, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by ajg276 View Post
I'm NYC based, going to hit 90k MQD - mostly paid F/J international -- think I have a shot? Folks in my office with far less have no issues attaining CK and GS.
GS is the easiest program to make (which is ironic as it has the best benefits). Usually $40K+ spend on United metal puts you in the running, although more like $50-60K at SFO and EWR.

360 is the hardest to get into (and, ironically, has the fewest benefits). If you're in a DL hub like ATL you need around 100K. 90K in NY might do it though.

There is a modifier here that all airlines look at which is booking class / cents per mile. Someone spending only 60-70K but it's all from only a few full fare J tickets (usually 10K+) will be looked at more favorably than someone spending 100K on discounted Z fares and flying 5x as many miles.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 12:01 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I have yet to see anyone under $60K get the invite. Iíll finish 2018 with $50-55K in personal spend (all out of my own pocket) and know Iíll never see D360 ó and I fly out of the countryís most podunk airport: HSV.

KOTAR1988 and puck021 like this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post
I have yet to see anyone under $60K get the invite. Iíll finish 2018 with $50-55K in personal spend (all out of my own pocket) and know Iíll never see D360 ó and I fly out of the countryís most podunk airport: HSV.

Your podunk airport probably has a lot of elites and high value customers for DL.
TheHorta, Air Houston and puck021 like this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
RDU, being a focus city must have many 360's though I only personally know only one and he was very surprised about getting the 360 the year that he did as it was also his first DM year. From my reading on this forum some 360's might have that one big year with a huge spend and they get the invite and others are in the Big spend category and don't. Seems there must be some other criteria than spend factored into the algorithm.
Old Dec 9, 18, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I have yet to see anyone under $60K get the invite.
$60K ain't getting it in RDU. I have been DM every year and spend $30-60 each year and will never see it. In fact if it wasn't for two last minute Int'l trips in J this year I would have dropped to PM as I have given my business to AA. This was my biggest spend year ever and as of now it looks like DL will get ~$30K and AA will get $50K.
TheHorta and KOTAR1988 like this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
360 doesn't really get you anything anyways - at least nothing beyond some improved phone support and potentially slightly higher upgrade priority than DM (although there are mixed reports on this) - so it's not really a big loss, except perhaps to someone's ego.

Global Services is actually majorly beneficial - you get access to special award and upgrade buckets that don't exist for even 1Ks, certain companion upgrade rights when you're flying a paid J ticket, you get to (truly - not "go stand in another line that is just a bit more advantaged than the regular line) jump to the front of security at a number of airports, as well as everything 360 gets you (dedicated phone support, etc).

I can't speak for CK other than for the fact that they actually get guaranteed higher upgrade priority than Plat Execs (as opposed to "maybe higher" upgrade priority like DL).
Old Dec 9, 18, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by SYRRDU View Post
$60K ain't getting it in RDU. I have been DM every year and spend $30-60 each year and will never see it. In fact if it wasn't for two last minute Int'l trips in J this year I would have dropped to PM as I have given my business to AA. This was my biggest spend year ever and as of now it looks like DL will get ~$30K and AA will get $50K.
Will be interesting to see if you get a CK invite.

Iíd wager that if youíd stuck with either AA or DL with the full 80K your odds would improve dramatically.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 1:47 pm

Will be interesting to see if you get a CK invite.

Iíd wager that if youíd stuck with either AA or DL with the full 80K your odds would improve dramatically.
That is the way it goes right? Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 9, 18, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/1.9 MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Global Services also have their own check-in counters here at SFO, so I would assume that they have them at their other hubs too. I don't know what AA does, but DL has nothing special for their 360s!

Search this Thread