Delta360

Old Dec 9, 18, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL also reportedly looks heavily at the amount of spend which you control. It isn't just tickets in your name, but whether you are instrumental in a corporate contract. Also, look at how you achieve that spend, e.g. DL vs. ST.
Old Dec 9, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
DL also reportedly looks heavily at the amount of spend which you control. It isn't just tickets in your name, but whether you are instrumental in a corporate contract. Also, look at how you achieve that spend, e.g. DL vs. ST.
Given how few benefits 360 gives over DM, I really feel that this is the primary point of the program (rather than something like Global Services which - while they also award it to corporate contract decision makers - actually goes to a large number of United flyers) - basically give DM (+ some personalized service) to folks who don't actually fly that much but matter to Delta.

I can't imagine that anyone has ever decided to fly Delta versus a competitor just to get 360.
Old Dec 9, 18, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL DM(segs)/MM, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by SYRRDU View Post
$60K ain't getting it in RDU. I have been DM every year and spend $30-60 each year and will never see it. In fact if it wasn't for two last minute Int'l trips in J this year I would have dropped to PM as I have given my business to AA. This was my biggest spend year ever and as of now it looks like DL will get ~$30K and AA will get $50K.
Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where it’s only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.

That being said, I don’t think I’ve met a 360 yet, but I met a dude with CK tags a few weeks ago who had switched to DL.
Old Dec 10, 18, 1:12 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by HDQDD View Post
Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where it’s only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.
All of the airlines are now disappointing... Continental was destroyed by United, AA and US were never great (former CP) from my point of view, and lately DL has no desire to be the clear #1 ... they just need to be slightly better than #2 . As a charter DM (and DM every year since), DL has taken every incremental steps to devalue medallions and again (my point of view) service that I have dealt with has been exceptionally poor over the past two years. Regardless of RDU, I still fly more than 75% to HUB first, so that is not an issue. Moved my business to AA and the change took a bit to get used to used, they don't handle IRROPs well, but the EXP experience has been much better than recent DM. I still will have over 400K in rollover and PM will be the future after 2019 and for several years after.
Old Dec 10, 18, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
As a charter DM
Out of curiosity why did you pick DPJ given the number of competitors in the market?
Old Dec 10, 18, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoyô️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Youngmiler View Post
Out of curiosity why did you pick DPJ given the number of competitors in the market?
Charter was a designation for those of us who achieved Diamond Medallion in the first year it was introduced. Prior to that, Platinum Medallion at 75k was Deltaís top tier.

Itís no longer meaningful or even tracked by DL to the best of my knowledge, and is unrelated to the Diamond status you can obtain via Delta Private Jets. (That said, if you know you will need $50k in DL spend in a year, setting up the DPJ membership is one way to immediately start the year with Diamond... although I canít imagine anyone has actually gone for it solely for that reason.)
Old Dec 11, 18, 2:11 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
Charter was a designation for those of us who achieved Diamond Medallion in the first year it was introduced. Prior to that, Platinum Medallion at 75k was Deltaís top tier.
^^^ what Ben said. I think DM was introduced in 2009.
Old Dec 11, 18, 2:19 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Still holding my breath for DL to introduce a published DDM tier -- Double Diamond Medallion: 250K MQM, $30K MQD, $500K AX Waiver.

Yeah... c'mon Big D! Let's hear it for your flyers! D! D! M!
Old Dec 11, 18, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post
Still holding my breath for DL to introduce a published DDM tier -- Double Diamond Medallion: 250K MQM, $30K MQD, $500K AX Waiver.

Yeah... c'mon Big D! Let's hear it for your flyers! D! D! M!
I did the Double MQMs twice, that is why I will have >400K in rollover in the new year.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:44 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.992MM And holding - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Diamond was introduced and earned in 2009. The first year for DM to be in effect was 2010. BTW, they gave out “Charter” tags in 2010 and 2011
Old Dec 11, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HDQDD View Post

Former AA EXP here, I feel sorry for anyone that has to fly AA by choice these days, but especially out of RDU where itís only hub options. Might be good for segment running, but that about it.

That being said, I donít think Iíve met a 360 yet, but I met a dude with CK tags a few weeks ago who had switched to DL.
On recent flights ex-AMS I have seen 360 tags multiple times. I think on my most recent flight at least two passengers in D1 had the 360 tags. Now this doesnít mean they are current, but was surprised by how many Iíve seen.

Wonít lie, being a top 5% (per Delta email haha) flier from ATW kind of hoping for the invite but not expecting since I wonít hit 40K mqd this year. Also, as discussed not much appreciable difference, but any little bit can help. Overall though, happy as a DM.
Old Dec 11, 18, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by whooperatw View Post

On recent flights ex-AMS I have seen 360 tags multiple times. I think on my most recent flight at least two passengers in D1 had the 360 tags. Now this doesn’t mean they are current, but was surprised by how many I’ve seen.

Won’t lie, being a top 5% (per Delta email haha) flier from ATW kind of hoping for the invite but not expecting since I won’t hit 40K mqd this year. Also, as discussed not much appreciable difference, but any little bit can help. Overall though, happy as a DM.
If you're going to see them anywhere, you will see them in D1 cabins, especially TATL. There's plenty of people who do 20+ TATL commutes a year in business and that gets you to $100K+ in spend pretty quickly so no surprise there.

That said, $40K MQDs doesn't even get close to sniffing 360 - even at an outstation. If you had $40K at an outstation on United, you might have a chance at Global Services if most of your travel was in high fare classes but $40K is borderline there at best.
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:35 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL DM360 1MM
Originally Posted by ajg276 View Post
I'm NYC based, going to hit 90k MQD - mostly paid F/J international -- think I have a shot? Folks in my office with far less have no issues attaining CK and GS.
Yes, assuming this isn't your first year with DL. I had $70k+ in 2016 and $60k+ got it in 2017 and got it for 2018 (but didn't get it for 2017). I had been diamond for 4-5 years consecutively before.

One benefit not mentioned is executive skyclub membership, but that's worth nothing, and you get a hat. In the end all that helps is the better helpdesk.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: