Wiki Posts
Search

International Comfort+ Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
International Comfort+ Upgrade?

Ex-Delta guy, switched to AS a while back. I've totally lost track of Delta's rules/fares/etc. Got a buddy flying to AMS tomorrow out of SEA. Booked into V class as a group of teachers doing a prelim student experience tour in Europe. I still see 10 Comfort+ seats open, but no prompt to pay for upgrades or available. Does Delta release this space at a certain point? Call and ask? He's 6'4 so crammed into a normal seat for 10.5 hours is going to be brutal. Just trying to help a buddy out. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by rune87; Nov 6, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
I suspect that to upgrade to C+ will be a simple price difference. Price out the route now on Delta.com and subtract what he paid, that will be the upgrade path.

At any rate, the only chance of a seat upgrade will be to call Delta.

For the return leg, if he is flying Ex-AMS, then there could be DoD options at AMS. Take a look at Ex-AMS and Global Upgrade threads specifically related to KLM operated Ex-AMS.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Seem odd unless it's an A350, which I thought were out of Detroit-- you should always be able to pay upgrade into C+ AFAIK.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the buddy is traveling with a group to teachers, I would guess that this is some sort of a special fare: group. bulk, consolidator, etc. On most of these tickets, DL claims that they cannot see the fare paid for the purpose of MQDs, etc. The same logic would suggest that if DL cannot see the fare paid, then DL also cannot calculate the fare differential to upgrade the ticket to C+, PS, or D1. Hence OP cannot see an offer for a paid upgrade and even if one calls DL to ask, DL cannot calculate the price.
MarkP24, kthomas and RJPA like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the buddy is traveling with a group to teachers, I would guess that this is some sort of a special fare: group. bulk, consolidator, etc. On most of these tickets, DL claims that they cannot see the fare paid for the purpose of MQDs, etc. The same logic would suggest that if DL cannot see the fare paid, then DL also cannot calculate the fare differential to upgrade the ticket to C+, PS, or D1. Hence OP cannot see an offer for a paid upgrade and even if one calls DL to ask, DL cannot calculate the price.
That's too bad
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Damn. Now thats something I had not thought of. It was likely all done through some special rate the group managing this had. Hes gonna hate life.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rune87
Damn. Now thats something I had not thought of. It was likely all done through some special rate the group managing this had. Hes gonna hate life.
Has he called yet? Most businesses figure out a way to take extra revenue if a customer is willing to spend it...
CPMaverick and MarkP24 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you primarily care about legroom, exit row seats have as much or more legroom as C+ and should be available for purchase as an add-on. The service standards are pretty much identical in C+ on international, so about the only extra C+ gives over an exit row is a little bit more recline.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Just for some followup...couldnt end up doing anything. He just landed after the 10 hour flight. It was described as some new hell on earth experience he never knew existed. I think we will be making more effort on the return trip.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:53 am
21A

How about an exit row seat? On most equipment those aren’t C+ and should be a preferred seat fee that can be paid by clicking it on the map...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.