Breakfast to go from MSP?

Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pvn
C: chick-fil-a
E: Angel Food Bakery (also I think the "food truck" area in E has some decent breakfast IIRC)
Concourse E, for Everyone Else. No Delta operations here and I have found the food truck court to be unreliable in early mornings. The first out to SAN is late enough the only concern here should be that it definitely isn't on OP's walking route.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Caribou is no longer our small local chain. Peet’s owns it.
When did this happen? The last time I checked, a Starbucks near me was "reflagged" as Caribou, but it looks pretty much the same. OTOH I've been a big Peet's fan since my student days, although I don't necessarily support some of their stands on social/labor issues.

AFAIK Caribou/Peet's still has some good giant breakfast pastries. Also AFAIK Cinnabon was booted from MSP in their most recent renovation and upgrading of F&B outlets, although I haven't looked for them in a while. Their location on the corner leading to the G concourse was a good place to spend airport food vouchers for many days of sinful breakfast treats to take home.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 6, 2018 at 9:15 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did this happen? The last time I checked, a Starbucks near me was "reflagged" as Caribou, but it looks pretty much the same. OTOH I've been a big Peet's fan since my student days, although I don't necessarily support some of their stands on social/labor issues.

AFAIK Caribou/Peet's still has some good giant breakfast pastries. Also AFAIK Cinnabon was booted from MSP in their most recent renovation and upgrading of F&B outlets, although I haven't looked for them in a while. Their location on the corner leading to the G concourse was a good place to spend airport food vouchers for many days of sinful breakfast treats to take home.
Caribou and Peets have had the same owner for over half a decade. And Caribou was never really local. It was founded by a non-Minnesota consultant with an eye toward expansion from day one. It has always been a Starbucks knockoff.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
In the DC area all of the Caribous were re-branded as Peets five or so years ago.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:34 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Concourse E, for Everyone Else. No Delta operations here and I have found the food truck court to be unreliable in early mornings. The first out to SAN is late enough the only concern here should be that it definitely isn't on OP's walking route.
True, there are no delta operations but I'll let you in on a secret, you can still walk through here even without a flight operating out of this concourse.

It's out of the way, a bit, but still quicker than standing in line and french meadow.

Also, there's pretty decent coffee at roasting plant at the end of E.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I once walked into E just far enough to see the UA lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Obvious conclusion from this thread: MSP has much better non-skyclub dining options than ATL. (yes, yes, i know about One Flew South, but that's the exception that proves the rule.)
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Obvious conclusion from this thread: MSP has much better non-skyclub dining options than ATL. (yes, yes, i know about One Flew South, but that's the exception that proves the rule.)
The alternative explanation is that MSP-based travelers have lower standards...
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by pbarnette

Caribou and Peet’s have had the same owner for over half a decade. And Caribou was never really “local”. It was founded by a non-Minnesota consultant with an eye toward expansion from day one. It has always been a Starbucks knockoff.
Both Peet’s and Caribou are owned by a German conglomerate.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by koreanair720
what
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
Not sure about food specifically, but every time I pads through MSP, I hit up World Bean for a latte. Their coffee is some of the best I've had and I prefer it to Caribou. Located between gates G18-22.
World Bean changed its coffee supplier a few months ago. Its still good, but IMO not as good as the former brand it used, which was Caffe Vita, a Seattle company.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I would say the MSP is more of a misshapen “H” than a horseshoe. If you are at gates A/B/C/D/E you can get the the wonderful French Meadow easily. Black Sheep and Smack Shack are closer to F and G. Hope for low numbered gates in all but A/B so you can easily hit up one of these great local places.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:37 am

The A and B gates are used by small RJs pretty much exclusively.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The A and B gates are used by small RJs pretty much exclusively.
Hence the lack of love for them. Never a good sign when one has gates there
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:39 am
pvn
Suspended

The walk from the end of F to french meadow is probably shorter than from the closest A gate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.