Wiki Posts
Search

Flying in Feces

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Flying in Feces

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/can-...224107240.html

Quite frankly, I'm amazed Delta didn't do the right thing here. What happened to 'avoid bad press here?' If it's hitting Yahoo, it's going to be another bad publicity story soon. Yes I understand it was the last flight of the day but don't subject several passengers to this. 50k miles wouldn't be enough for me and I'm someone who likes to get free flights whenever possible.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
holy ....

this was november 1st... I can't believe it's just now hitting the news
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Reasonable recovery afterwards, but... should the airline hold the service animal owner responsible financially? what if a pax does this?

I've been peed on during a flight... should that pax have been fined by the airline?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

I'm suspecting this guy is embellishing a little. If he were really "covered" and it were "all over his legs" he would have posted those pics instead of a bit on his heel.

That said, just having on the plane at all is really, really bad. There's absolutely no reason to embellish at all, just stepping in it given that they admit they knew about it is way over the line.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:52 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Reasonable recovery afterwards, but... should the airline hold the service animal owner responsible financially? what if a pax does this?

I've been peed on during a flight... should that pax have been fined by the airline?
what?!?

50k is not even close to a "reasonable recovery" here. They knew about this before boarding (which they admitted).

I don't see how this is even remotely the animal owner's fault. Delta knew. they were informed. The service animal and it's owner didn't make delta put passengers onto a contaminated plane. Delta did that.
vincentharris and puntamita like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by pvn
holy ....

The victim might have been waiting for Delta to respond to the complaint prior to contacting the media. Although I do see he tweeted about it immediately, perhaps he didn't tweet it at Yahoo until after he failed to receive an appropriate (to him, I can't decide how I feel about what is appropriate to me) apology.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Yet another reason to be really restrictive as to which animals are allowed in the cabin.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, the guy is wrong that 50K miles isn't even enough for a ticket. But he really does deserve more. Sounds like they gave him a refund as well. But I'd say he needs extra cash to clean/replace clothing at the least. And maybe 100K miles. AND a more thorough apology, preferably directly from an executive. Because if he sues, he'll easily win. Any jury is going to award him whatever he asks for. Delta could give him a little cash now, or a whole lot of cash later (and even more cash to their attorneys).
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Reasonable recovery afterwards
It was? How?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I thought Delta was better than United but I guess not.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:24 pm
Used to be hamajicky

"After landing in Miami, Meehan was supposed to then fly to Tampa, but says he took a four-hour Uber instead. “I’m just not ready to get back on a plane.”

Um, why not get off the dirty plane to MIA and get on a presumably cleaner plane to TPA?
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:53 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/man...ight/866653015

Link to the news report I watched this evening on this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I don't believe anything I read on the "news" and only half of what I actually see.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pvn
holy ....

I might have believed April 1st.

Don't FAs and redcoats have any common sense? Would they want to sit in such seats, even when flying for free as a nonrev?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm suspecting this guy is embellishing a little. If he were really "covered" and it were "all over his legs" he would have posted those pics instead of a bit on his heel.

That said, just having on the plane at all is really, really bad. There's absolutely no reason to embellish at all, just stepping in it given that they admit they knew about it is way over the line.
I was thinking the same. He's definitely embellishing. He's probably looking to maximize his compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.