Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No overnight transcontinental flights on D1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Hey there,

I was wondering, are there any overnight transcontinental flight on Delta One equipped birds?
I've looked at BOS>LAX and JFK>LAS, both are in the middle of the day, it's a bit of a waste

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Red-eye flights are rare from east-west. You'd lose 3 hours on a 5-6 hours flight. Even if you left close to midnight, you arrive in the middle of the night on the west coast. Nobody really wants to do that.

Assuming you want to return back to BOS one day, you can get the red-eye on return.
MarkP24 and jalves like this.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Nov 4, 2018 at 10:07 pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Assuming you want to return back to BOS one day, you can get the red-eye on return.
I don't see one, except with 2 connections at both JFK and LAX
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Red-eye flights are rare from west-east. You'd lose 3 hours on a 5-6 hours flight. Even if you left close to midnight, you arrive in the middle of the night on the west coast. Nobody really wants to do that.

You mean from EAST to WEST, but otherwise correct.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Of course I was talking about the return (LAS>BOS), looks like I'll have to make 2 connections
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackfox
I don't see one, except with 2 connections at both JFK and LAX
There are no LAS-BOS non-stop red-eye's. Just because DL operates them on some routes does not mean they operate them on every route. Many people dislike red-eye domestic flights (even in D1) because it's not really enough time to get a good nights sleep. Also, the once daily LAS-BOS flight (and return) is not a D1 flight.
CPMaverick likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 4, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
There are no LAS-BOS non-stop red-eye's. Just because DL operates them on some routes does not mean they operate them on every route. Many people dislike red-eye domestic flights (even in D1) because it's not really enough time to get a good nights sleep. Also, the once daily LAS-BOS flight (and return) is not a D1 flight.
that being said, if I was going to take a red-eye i'd prefer it in D1 instead of having a flatbed seat for a flight that departs at noon and arrives at 8pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by LBJ
You mean from EAST to WEST, but otherwise correct.
Thanks, corrected...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Two of three of JetBlue's BOS-LAS flights are on Mint aircraft (on a January date I checked). Maybe the later departure -- ~9PM -- would suit the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.