Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

International travelling ( GreenCard ) ask ????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Does Delta airline accept check in international fly
handling green card + vietnam passport

round trip stop in Korea connect

if i go >>>

Detroit to Vietnam = vietnam passport
Vietnam to Detroit return = green card

is this ok ???
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
You should always have both and they will want to see your green card AND passport both ways
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by deltaa
Does Delta airline accept check in international fly
handling green card + vietnam passport

round trip stop in Korea connect

if i go >>>

Detroit to Vietnam = vietnam passport
Vietnam to Detroit return = green card

is this ok ???
You technically need to show your green card to leave the US (to prove that you entered legally), although that is not always enforced. To check in you need a passport to show that you are allowed to enter the country at your destination (Vietnam in your case), and you need to show your green card and a valid passport to enter the US on your return.
MarkP24 and wxman22 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You should double check whether some sort of (transit?) visa for Korea is needed for your itinerary. I'd be especially careful if some of your flights are actually *operated* by Jin or some carrier other than KE as you might need to enter South Korea to change terminals at ICN and check in for the other airline.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You should double check whether some sort of (transit?) visa for Korea is needed for your itinerary. I'd be especially careful if some of your flights are actually *operated* by Jin or some carrier other than KE as you might need to enter South Korea to change terminals at ICN and check in for the other airline.
No change of terminal in ICN. All ST is in new terminal.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wxman22
No change of terminal in ICN. All ST is in new terminal.
Are you sure?

BTW, Jin isn't SkyTeam; it's a LCC affiliate of KE that codeshares. There was a post/thread here recently about connecting between Jin and KE/DL at ICN and Jin uses T1.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:22 am

No visa required as long as onward travel is within 24 hrs of arrival
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

So i am ok people ???

I call delta and united they all said international need passport no passport no boarding

i only vietnam vietnam passport / green card

hope that ok >>>

Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:57 am

So i am ok people ???

I call delta and united they all said international need passport no passport no boarding

hope that ok >>>

What does United have to do with this?

No passport, no boarding for international flights, but many itineraries require additional travel documents, such as visas, in addition to a passport.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:02 am

So i am ok people ???

hope that ok >>>

If the answer to all these questions is Yes, then you are good to go
Is connection in Korea is less than 24 hrs?
Are you a citizen of Vietnam?
Are you traveling with both your unexpired Vietnamese passport and unexpired US green card? (both should be valid for 6 months or longer when you travel)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by drminn
You technically need to show your green card to leave the US (to prove that you entered legally), although that is not always enforced. To check in you need a passport to show that you are allowed to enter the country at your destination (Vietnam in your case), and you need to show your green card and a valid passport to enter the US on your return.
Not the case in the US. In the past, when you entered the US with a visa there was a form stapled to your passport that needed to be returned upon departure (I-94) but this was discontinued in 2013. Since then, all you need to leave the US is a valid passport and the documentation to enter your country of destination. No one has ever been technically required to show prove of entering legally to the US upon exit, as there are no immigration checks and Airlines are not required to do this.

Other countries, yes. US: No
mrcool1122 and Beltway2A like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.