Wiki Posts
Search

Skybonus question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Skybonus question

If you get deactivated from the program at year end due to not having the 5 flyers, spending 5k but still have points that you used to buy certificates, can you still use those certificates? Meaning i have some points I want to burn for certificates before 12/31. They person ont he phone with skybonus said that i have a year to use them from issue date but do you still have to be an active member to use them? or is i once i redeem my certificates, they are min to use even if i am deemed unworthy to be participating in skybonus???
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I can't answer your question directly, but I had a similar experience with SkyBonus. Before we got booted (for the same reason), I used points to book while we were still SkyBonus member for travel that was to occur after the date that we would no longer be SkyBonus member. There were no issues with the ticket or with travel. YMMV
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I've never bothered to remove my SkyBonus number from my profile and I was able to login still. I've still been earning points but I can't redeem them because I am suspended (or whatever they call it for not having 5 employees)

I redeemed all my points the week before the rules changed and had no problem using them, so unless that was a one off thing due to the rules change, I'd guess you'd be OK. No point in not trying if you are going to lose the points anyway.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I've never bothered to remove my SkyBonus number from my profile and I was able to login still. I've still been earning points but I can't redeem them because I am suspended (or whatever they call it for not having 5 employees)

I redeemed all my points the week before the rules changed and had no problem using them, so unless that was a one off thing due to the rules change, I'd guess you'd be OK. No point in not trying if you are going to lose the points anyway.
So questions, did you redeem them and apply them to travel right away? The only travel that I have planned I already called and it doesn't qualify so I was hoping to redeem for a bunch on C+ upgrades and use them later on in the year. Would i still be able to use them after I am no longer qualified or would they say no? Otherwise I am going to be redeeming for a lot of beverage coupons
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by miadukes
So questions, did you redeem them and apply them to travel right away? The only travel that I have planned I already called and it doesn't qualify so I was hoping to redeem for a bunch on C+ upgrades and use them later on in the year. Would i still be able to use them after I am no longer qualified or would they say no? Otherwise I am going to be redeeming for a lot of beverage coupons
You just need to request the certificate before the account goes inactive . Once cert is issued the SkyBonus account status doesn't matter.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You just need to request the certificate before the account goes inactive . Once cert is issued the SkyBonus account status doesn't matter.
Perfect!! Thank you!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.