Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How many Double DM couples? Is that rare?

How many Double DM couples? Is that rare?

Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Its not DL I know, but my wife and I are both EXP on AA, and only travel together on vacations
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
To those of you that are a DM couple, I hope you align your travel schedules enough so you can see each other as 125k miles is a lot!!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by Renes Points
You do know there is a waver for that this year if you ask.
I did discover that elsewhere like two weeks ago. Unfortunately between a new baby this year and changes I had already made to credit card spend...I do not have the MQM's. I have accepted my fate as a GM/PM as we roll forward.^
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
You do know there is a waver for that this year if you ask.
What waiver? Do you mean the $250,000 AmEx spend?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Originally Posted by MarkP24
To those of you that are a DM couple, I hope you align your travel schedules enough so you can see each other as 125k miles is a lot!!
We work together and travel together. Quality time in the air!
MarkP24 and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FC flyer
We work together and travel together. Quality time in the air!
Isn't the last statement an oxymoron?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
My wife and I are both DM MM and have been for the last ~8 years. Roughly 80% of our travel is leisure/together.
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by langbr01; Oct 31, 2018 at 1:33 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
My wife and I are both DM for the last 2 yrs and will make it again for next year. She has over 1 MM and I have over 2 MM. Mult trips to Asia help and if you do some on MU it makes easier to get your MQD as AX $500,000 is beyond our lifestyle. MU in business is a great way to travel, the service is great and FA are very very helpful. Happy Travels and get your Flu shot. This could be a very bad year for the flu. The life you save could be your own and whoever you can persuade to get it with you. Recommended by CDC for all over 6 mo. Blessings and a Joyful and Happy Thanksgiving to all when you celebrate in a few more weeks.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Me and my wife are both diamonds. Have been for several years with the exception of when we had our little one 2 years ago. I know a lot of other traveling couples but none that are both diamond like us.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdadept
Me and my wife are both diamonds. Have been for several years with the exception of when we had our little one 2 years ago. I know a lot of other traveling couples but none that are both diamond like us.
One really nice thing AS has introduced I’d like to see DL copy is parental leave for elite status; they will allow you to defer your elite status for a period of time when there’s a new addition to the family, which is think is a really thoughtful benefit (and is a really smart business move to keep people loyal when they return to work)...
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I've been DM for several years but my wife was never higher than a gifted gold. With some more biz travel, she really wanted to "go for it." With some creative routings on partner flights, she's going to hit Diamond in December (assuming our itinerary doesn't land us in a third world prison). I'm not sure I can support another "faux Diamond" run next year, though I'm sure she'll be spoiled and want nothing less (can't say I blame her).

All that said, I'm all smiles when she gets an upgrade or other recognition...she deserves it!
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What waiver? Do you mean the $250,000 AmEx spend?
I’m curious about what Rene is talking about also. I haven’t seen anything about anything other than the $250k waiver.

Last edited by FSUnole03; Oct 30, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I’m curious about what Rene is talking about also. I haven’t seen anything about anything other then the $250k waiver.
This is not something terribly difficult to type into Google...

Regards
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
This is not something terribly difficult to type into Google...

Regards
Is your name MSPeconomist? Did anybody quote you? The answer to both is NO.

Please have a seat.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:23 pm

Interesting how many husbands and virtually no wives are commenting in this thread of double diamond spouses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.