Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DMs - Brandishing Brag Tags...Yea or Nay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DMs - Brandishing Brag Tags...Yea or Nay?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Definite yea. I like how my PM tags look on my bags. In fact, it's kind of fun to see how many different airline tags I can get on my work bag. So far I have a "Remove Before Flight" keychain, PM tag. AA Gold/1MM tag and a leather tag with my initials on it.

Incidentally, I don't know why people ask this question. It's a status benefit, a token of thanks, use the thing.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Definite no. I sell mine on Ebay each year.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Only brag tag needed. Get's me everything I need and good conversation too..

Last edited by AeRoSpaceman; Nov 4, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Definite no. I sell mine on Ebay each year.
I took a look at buying one to replace lost ones, and the bids were approaching $40 US
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Only braq tag needed. Get's me everything I need and good conversation too..

I made a mistake and purchased two of these, horribly overpriced and far less useful as a brag tag than the yellow black ones I bought last year for less money
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I made a mistake and purchased two of these, horribly overpriced and far less useful as a brag tag than the yellow black ones I bought last year for less money
Yeah those were nice but this is all they have available now in small or large size.

EDIT: On a black backpack the new ones stand out. Always get comments on it.

Last edited by AeRoSpaceman; Nov 4, 2018 at 9:09 pm Reason: addition..
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
I took a look at buying one to replace lost ones, and the bids were approaching $40 US
Last one I sold went for $56. That was for one.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Wow, that's not insignificant cash, that's dinner out. Well, before the paypal fee and the ebay final fee, at least the shipping is cheap.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I like my KM tag, but most DL employees don't know what it is.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't know what it is. What is it?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Of course you’re going to flash the DM tag which will assign you automatically to the DYKWIA group. After all DM means you get a minimum of 3 carry ons, are entitled to shove Grandma to the ground if she’s in between you and priority boarding, are not required to put any of your 3 or more carry ons under the seat in front if you and treat all Delta employees as your personal sevants. (Can you tell I never put mine on my luggage when I was DM. And yes I saw all of this more than once. My favorite was the DM who literally tackled Grandma as he body slammed his way through a crowded boarding area. And no, she was not close to the boarding area. He was just a jerk. )
Hey, I needed my tackling practice. And I am not a DYKWIA , because everyone knows who I am.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by pgh234
I do use the tags as they have helped me out in two types of situations:
1) Row-mate requests FA to have me remove my small-midsize travel bookbag from the overhead so that mister important business guy or once-a-year traveler can fit their mega-stuffed roll-a-board suitcase on. I am sorry, I take the time to check my bag and wait for it at the conclusion of my journey so that I can have foot room. You can do that too sir/ma'am. When the tag is on the bag...the FA never asks me to move it.
2) FA of the "all small items need to be placed below your seat" persuasion who is assisting with boarding. Like above, I check my suitcase (as a courtesy to others and myself) so that I can enjoy my footspace...not so that others can bring two massive items on board. My bookbag stays above with the DM tag on. This is especially valuable in 1st class if you are a frequent CRJ-900 flyer.
It also helps when you go into the Sky priority check-in line and the person asks, "Are you in First Class, Delta One, Discomfort+, or....." If they see your brag tag, they won't harass you.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't know what it is. What is it?
That's a higher status than Diamond. Delta not only provides a Porsche on tight connections, but a Kettle to carry your bags for you.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
They can be convenient when faced with a line dragon, for example when you try to use SkyPriority at an airport or an elite security line. It's easier/faster to point to the brag tag than to retrieve your credentials from the wallet when you're juggling luggage.
I agree
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I know who you are. I've had flight attendants:
1) Take pictures of my KM tags
2) Say "we never hear about new things when they come out."
3) Announce after boarding "welcome to our Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Kryptonium Medallion members on board!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.