Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DMs - Brandishing Brag Tags...Yea or Nay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver

As a freshly minted DM, (first time...feels good man lol) I'm awaiting delivery of the aforementioned shiny metal tags. My PM tags still sit in my desk drawer, as it seemed pretty silly to break those out. I'm thus debating on whether to don the DM tags when the time comes. I was leaning against, as I at least try to pride myself on keeping DYKWIA behavior to a minimum. What are everyone's thoughts on the subject? Casual observation of the PREM line seems to indicate that a majority go ahead and slap them on.

Yay or Nay?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They can be convenient when faced with a line dragon, for example when you try to use SkyPriority at an airport or an elite security line. It's easier/faster to point to the brag tag than to retrieve your credentials from the wallet when you're juggling luggage.
yohanson likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by zulu1128
As a freshly minted DM, (first time...feels good man lol) I'm awaiting delivery of the aforementioned shiny metal tags. My PM tags still sit in my desk drawer, as it seemed pretty silly to break those out. I'm thus debating on whether to don the DM tags when the time comes. I was leaning against, as I at least try to pride myself on keeping DYKWIA behavior to a minimum. What are everyone's thoughts on the subject? Casual observation of the PREM line seems to indicate that a majority go ahead and slap them on.

Yay or Nay?
You won't be getting metal tags, you'll get the new plastic tags (which are better IMO, they don't make that obnoxious noise).

I carry one in my backpack but don't actually have it on the outside of the bag. I snap it on if I end up in the bulkhead and need to put the bag up top (otherwise I always put it under the seat).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:11 am

I display mine proudly. Come in handy at times when asking for a favor at the gate, etc.
yohanson, MarkP24 and Widgets like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Diamond status is also on the boarding pass, and reflects the current membership level. Brag tags may be from previous years. Therefore, if I need favors I tend to point to my boarding pass if needed. My brag tags are in the drawer.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
I used a label maker to put my SM number on it and display them. If l lose or misplace it, easy for DL to track it to me. Plus the line dragon thing.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Never had to gate check my bag when I board late. With the tags on my bags, FA always has found a space for my bag
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:31 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Sold my metal ones on ebay. Got $100 each year the last two years, still have one metal one, but assuming the plastic tags won't be worth so much now. Have one 2018 plastic DM million miler red one on my computer bag, but it's covered up by my 3 million miler AA tag.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I used mine briefly when i first made DM but after like my 3rd trip...they got tossed in a drawer.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

eBay > Drawer > Actual use
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I don’t need to show status to make me feel better. Boarding passes have all the information needed. Also, I usually pay for D1/FC.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Mine is attached to the backpack but kept behind the zipper so all you see is the metal tag holder. If I need to show it, it's right there.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
They make wonderful Halloween treats for the kids.
Halloweverybody and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Paplover
I used a label maker to put my SM number on it and display them. If l lose or misplace it, easy for DL to track it to me. Plus the line dragon thing.
I liked it back when they bar-coded your brag tag, so I print out a barcode and SM number and use my tags on checked luggage. But I'm just a PM, so who's listening to me!?!?!?!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fromYXU
I don’t need to show status to make me feel better. Boarding passes have all the information needed. Also, I usually pay for D1/FC.
I don't need to brag on FT about what cabin I pay for to make me feel better
enviroian, pvn, Youngmiler and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.