Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Watch out for Korean Air connecting Jin Air flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch out for Korean Air connecting Jin Air flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There must also be issues with earning miles for these flights since the operating carrier isn't a SkyTeam member.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There must also be issues with earning miles for these flights since the operating carrier isn't a SkyTeam member.
Delta is selling these flights under DL flight numbers. Even if booked directly via Korean, these flights have a KE flight number and fare class that are not excluded by Delta's partner earning rules. But I agree, it's going to be a pain to get credit for these... I am really frustrated, it's very hard to fly with Delta to Asia nowadays...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:33 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by wlau
Delta is selling these flights under DL flight numbers. Even if booked directly via Korean, these flights have a KE flight number and fare class that are not excluded by Delta's partner earning rules. But I agree, it's going to be a pain to get credit for these... I am really frustrated, it's very hard to fly with Delta to Asia nowadays...
The partner earning rules are clear that the flight must be OPERATED by a skyteam airline (or a bilateral partner such as VA/VS). Jin Air is neither of those and you will get nothing.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:37 am
pvn
Suspended

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...partners.html/

Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:03 pm

I am really frustrated, it's very hard to fly with Delta to Asia nowadays...
So so true unfortunately. *A is getting more and more of my TPAC business as a result.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
The partner earning rules are clear that the flight must be OPERATED by a skyteam airline (or a bilateral partner such as VA/VS). Jin Air is neither of those and you will get nothing.
To be clear, a DL marketed flight can be on any operating carrier and earn.

Other Skyteam airline marketed flights must be operated on a Skyteam carrier to earn. Even if the operating carrier is a DL partner (say 9W) it won't earn if it is sold as anyone but DL or 9W. Thus a KL marketed, but 9W operated flight earns nothing in the DL program.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Another update:

Even though Diamond desk told me I would earn MQD and MDM for the Jin Air flight (after they checked with SkyPeso desk before ticketing) as long as it's sold and coded as KE flight, the system did not post any credit for the flight. After many re-queue attempts, SkyPeso desk to the Diamond agent to tell me it's not eligible to earn. This completely contradict other information both what they told me verbally and also what's listed on the partner earning site.

Anyways, I am finding more more flights with Jin Air as a part of the ticket, serving as intra-Asia segement, so I will stop flying those, which means I will likely need to go to United. This effectively seals the fate for me, as far as the KE/DL JV is concerned. It just doesn't work as a replacement for the DL NRT Asia network. It's bad enough to have hop all over the places with terrible transfer experience to get to places like Taipei and Hong Kong, it's unbearable that you won't earn miles for it... I dont know how many of us can maintain our status if they keep doing this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:37 am
pvn
Suspended

This completely contradict other information both what they told me verbally and also what's listed on the partner earning site.

where does it say Jin Air operated flights are eligible on the website??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.