Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta “Recommends” That Women Over 9.2 Months Pregnant Do Not Fly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.

Isn’t 40 weeks equal to 9.2 months?

....”Aviation regulations around pregnant fliers are woolly. There is no industry-wide rule: Some airlines refuse to carry women after 27 weeks of pregnancy, while others will accept them up to 40 weeks, with appropriate medical notes—Delta is one such airline. (“The recommendation is that pregnant women not fly within four weeks of their due date, and to check with their physician before flying,” says a Delta spokesperson. “But it is a recommendation.”)”....

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/wha...born-on-planes

Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RRDD

....”Aviation regulations around pregnant fliers are woolly. There is no industry-wide rule: Some airlines refuse to carry women after 27 weeks of pregnancy, while others will accept them up to 40 weeks, with appropriate medical notes—Delta is one such airline. (“The recommendation is that pregnant women not fly within four weeks of their due date, and to check with their physician before flying,” says a Delta spokesperson. “But it is a recommendation.”)”....

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/wha...born-on-planes

I think you might be misinterpreting it if you’re saying you think DL thinks women who are 40 weeks pregnant still have 4 weeks to go. I think what DL is saying is “we recommend pregnant women don’t fly between 36 and 40 weeks pregnant but we will accept them with a doctor’s note”.
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
40 weeks is full-term. Common misconception that pregnancy is just nine months.
MarkP24 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: QF WP
Also a fair number of pregnancies (especially primips) make it to 41 or 42 weeks...
Osmo, MSPeconomist and kthomas like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nancypants
Also a fair number of pregnancies (especially primips) make it to 41 or 42 weeks...
Even a bit longer, but labor tends to be induced at this point.
kthomas and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even a bit longer, but labor tends to be induced at this point.
I remember when a friend of mine got pregnant and was furious when she found out that full-term is 40 weeks, LOL. "Four more weeks of this s*** isn't what I signed up for!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.