Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Wow...just wow...
I'll take that in lieu of a groan

Finished booking our South Africa trip today. Well, at least the award portion of it. ATL-JNB in D-1 Suites for 60k VS miles (46.5k Amex points). CPT-DOH-PHL-SAT for 75k AA miles with 24 hours of flying in Q Suites. Those are per person, but that’s not bad for less than 250k points/miles total round trip. Still need to book in cash for SAT-ATL and JNB-HDS-CPT. Happy to help if anyone wants to book a similar trip.
^ Nice! I am looking at doing a MQD/MQM jog* with 3-4 days on the ground in JNB/CPT over Thanksgiving...

*not quite a "run" -- got this term from one of my UA FT friends
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I will admit to being out of touch on this topic, as Mr. Kipper doesn't have much wiggle room in when he can fly for work. Short version: we were supposed to go to Iceland with my in-laws in December. Flights were on DL, JFK to KEF, perfect timing for schedules, etc. Now, apparently, DL partnered with FI or some such. The flight times have changed by almost 2 hours to KEF and 7 hours back to JFK. Can I call DL and ask them to rebook us on other flights at no cost (assuming I can find better flights)?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Now, apparently, DL partnered with FI or some such. The flight times have changed by almost 2 hours to KEF and 7 hours back to JFK. Can I call DL and ask them to rebook us on other flights at no cost (assuming I can find better flights)?
Yep -- definitely a large enough time change, and also change of operating carrier, either of which on its own is enough to trigger rebooking flexibility.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you really just want to go elsewhere or to fly on nonpartners of DL, just ask for a full refund and they book what you want when you're ready.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you really just want to go elsewhere or to fly on nonpartners of DL, just ask for a full refund and they THEN book what you want when you're ready.
fixed that for you
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Yep -- definitely a large enough time change, and also change of operating carrier, either of which on its own is enough to trigger rebooking flexibility.
Yay!!!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
mumble mumble from ATL T SC
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
mumble mumble from ATL T SC
Grumble, grumble from near MDT.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Welcome to Monday. A five-day week will be hard for me after a three-day week last week, but I'm determined to perspire perseverate persevere.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Got in late last night after weather issues getting out of DC which caused us to misconnect. As displaced paid First (I fare) passengers, we cleared into C+ on the last flight of the night. However, 2 people cleared from the upgrade list into F. Does that seem right? Should I ask for compensation? I know technically they booked me on the next available flight with F seats (2nd flight this morning) and I chose to give those up to standby, but shouldn't we have been top of the list for F?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Grumble, grumble from near MDT.
You should get the "FT member of the day" award for helping someone get discontinued dog snacks for a dog with digestive problems. Well done, and now you deserve a beer.....
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:13 pm

Got in late last night after weather issues getting out of DC which caused us to misconnect. As displaced paid First (I fare) passengers, we cleared into C+ on the last flight of the night. However, 2 people cleared from the upgrade list into F. Does that seem right? Should I ask for compensation? I know technically they booked me on the next available flight with F seats (2nd flight this morning) and I chose to give those up to standby, but shouldn't we have been top of the list for F?
If you got onto the flight from the standby list, it probably was correct as SOP is for the GA to process upgrades before clearing the standby list. You're not eligible for the upgrade list until you're confirmed on the flight.

OTOH, if you were confirmed onto the flight and your name appeared on the waitlist only because you were awaiting a seat assignment at the gate, then you should have been treated as a displaced FC passenger and given priority for a FC seat.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You should get the "FT member of the day" award for helping someone get discontinued dog snacks for a dog with digestive problems. Well done, and now you deserve a beer.....
They aren't discontinued, just temporarily unavailable outside of Canada. I need a beer, although Sunday's beer consumption probably covers me through the next few days.
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!
Morning! How adorable!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:13 am

Morning, Lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.