Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
That was a little ambiguous. I should say today is my last-working-day-of-the-week eve.
Ah, well, almost yay?
Originally Posted by jrl767
happy Wingsday
Mmm, buffalo wings...
Oops, I thought you said harpy wings day.
LOL
bat's ridiculous
Sigh
At least it's not stork raven mad.
Groan!
owl be ... multiple puns in one post is sometimes worth crowing about, but in consecutive words is a cardinal example of mastery
Groan!

We need more of this...
Old May 29, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
happy Wingsday
No DL pilot wings? Not even the plastic ones they give to kids?

This just reminded me that I'm flying away to California this week, on the second day of Thor.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I am pretty sure I discarded two of those a month or so ago when clearing out a bunch of stuff that we had stashed in the upstairs storage area in Jul 2001 before our move to DC
Old May 29, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

This just reminded me that I'm flying away to California this week, on the second day of Thor.
I have a set of the DL plastic wings on my cubicle wall at work (along with my other name tags and a DL 747 safety card )

apodo77 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Fairly impressive thunderstorm rolling through Towson right about now (looks like a big front is headed kipper's way too)

Apologies for dragon the thread away from wing-related wordplay
Old May 29, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
If I scheduled a day on a trip with a cooking class, I might be looking at divorce. Two years ago I had to call the travel company and switch our itinerary for the scheduled cooking class to an alternate tour.
Hah.
It was very casual with lots of Chianti flowing. One needn't cook at all if you don't want to and the meal was amazing. The ragu (learned they this region of Italy doesn't mix garlic with beef) was so simple yet so falvorful..
Lots of olive oil seems to be the theme in Tuscan cooking.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Fairly impressive thunderstorm rolling through Towson right about now (looks like a big front is headed kipper's way too)

It looks pretty dark outside. Just in time for me to drive home...

LOL
Old May 29, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
Spent 2 weeks in Europe (Paris, Rome. Florence, Pasitano/Sorrento, and Barcelona). By far our favorite trip was a cooking class at a farmhouse outside Florence. Highly recommend to everyone. It was voted the #1 experience in the world in 2018 by Tripadvisor members. We made pesto, raviolis, fettucine, ragu, bruschetta and tiramusa from scratch. Also there was a pork loin with rosemary/sagve potatoes (potatoes, tomatoes and herbs were all grown on site):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Florence.html

I went to Italy last fall as part of a round-the-world trip and one of my favorite parts was going to the wineries and small towns outside of Florence. So relaxing and enjoyable and I‘m now hooked on Chanti Classico wine (and I always look for the Black Rooster on the wine bottle!).
Old May 29, 2019, 2:58 pm

Speaking of nasty weather, we have a tornado warning.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
owl be ... multiple puns in one post is sometimes worth crowing about, but in consecutive words is a cardinal example of mastery
Up to your old chicks again? It looks like all that and hen some.

Originally Posted by Zorak

You're OK until someone cries fowl.

Originally Posted by kipper
Groan!

Groan!

We need more of this...
Yes, we do.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Yes, we do.
ask and ye shall receive
Up to your old chicks again? ... You're OK until someone cries fowl.
well, it just goose to show you ... I'm guessing it won't take too long now until Howste realizes he rooster day he decided to guinea another chance like that
Old May 29, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

more DL kiddie paraphernalia

not pilot wings, but still ... does anyone else remember the "Dusty the Delta Air Lion" sticker? this dates from one of my son's earliest DL flights, probably Nov 1993
Old May 29, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
ask and ye shall receive

well, it just goose to show you ... I'm guessing it won't take too long now until Howste realizes he rooster day he decided to guinea another chance like that
You’ve beaked my interest. Despite your apeckalyptic prediction I eggspect poultry in motion. You wing some, you lose some, but the winger takes all. Better luck nest time.
navi_jen likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

not pilot wings, but still ... does anyone else remember the "Dusty the Delta Air Lion" sticker? this dates from one of my son's earliest DL flights, probably Nov 1993
Where's the propeller???
Old May 29, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You’ve beaked my interest. Despite your apeckalyptic prediction I eggspect poultry in motion. You wing some, you lose some, but the winger takes all. Better luck nest time.
“If enough is good, more is not necessarily better!” - Mrs. Page, my 9th-grade geometry teacher

that said, you gave me a finch, so I’ll take a merl ... I’m in no thrush to duck the issue or sparrow you

you just introduced poetry into the conversation, but as soon as you start singing a bad wrendition of Verdi I wouldn’t swander the chance to call you the bantam of the opera

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.