Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
She has hungry bugs in her stomach?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well I am feeling guilty. Let me explain.I do not think much of VS hard product in Delta 1 which they call upper class on their TATLs whether it is their 747 or A330. So it is certainly not worth paying 2.5 times more approx. However their Premium Economy product is pretty good IMHO. Also they configure their 747s so that PE is mainly on the upper deck of the 747. So I just did round trip CHA-ATL.MAN-ATL-CHA in PE $2200. Now the CHA-ATL leg is 102 miles give or take. So on checking my skymiles account I find that for my premium economy I got the following:
  1. Upper deck 747
  2. Premium Economy service, brandy, plenty of drinks good service, wider seat good pitch
  3. Reasonable price
  4. And the bit I feel guilt y about 750 MQM for CHA-ATL and another 750 for the ATL-CHA leg.
Isnt life a beeatch?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well I am feeling guilty. Let me explain.I do not think much of VS hard product in Delta 1 which they call upper class on their TATLs whether it is their 747 or A330. So it is certainly not worth paying 2.5 times more approx. However their Premium Economy product is pretty good IMHO. Also they configure their 747s so that PE is mainly on the upper deck of the 747. So I just did round trip CHA-ATL.MAN-ATL-CHA in PE $2200. Now the CHA-ATL leg is 102 miles give or take. So on checking my skymiles account I find that for my premium economy I got the following:
  1. Upper deck 747
  2. Premium Economy service, brandy, plenty of drinks good service, wider seat good pitch
  3. Reasonable price
  4. And the bit I feel guilt y about 750 MQM for CHA-ATL and another 750 for the ATL-CHA leg.
Isnt life a beeatch?
extremely first world problems sir! to say nothing of lower APD because it was PE rather than J
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:24 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Sorry to hear you are under the weather Kipper. We hope you get well soon!

Thank you. I like the flowers!
Originally Posted by Howste
I hope you feel better now, or if not now, soon. ^

Now... why would somebody bug your stomach? Are they trying to listen in on something?
Thanks. LOL
Originally Posted by zitsky
Hi, Dad!

Kipper, hope you feel better soon.
Thank you!
Originally Posted by jrl767

she’s probably gut no idea

Whoever it is, I hope they understand Hungarian.
Sigh
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
She has hungry bugs in her stomach?
Apparently, I did.

I'm feeling better today, although definitely not wonderful. I've managed to keep down toast, bananas, and popsicles, in addition to ginger ale and gatorade. That said, I've not attempted anything more substantial than that and likely won't until this evening.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. The best part about being sick is being able to down tons of ginger ale without the guilt.

I suspect Mr Kipper will be making a car milage run to Costco soon...drown the bug in the worlds best chicken soup :-)
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. The best part about being sick is being able to down tons of ginger ale without the guilt.

I suspect Mr Kipper will be making a car milage run to Costco soon...drown the bug in the worlds best chicken soup :-)
It's diet ginger ale... I fail at having sugary things that are good for stomach ailments in the house. Several years ago, Mr. Kipper was near DAG, and I came down with a horrible case of food poisoning. At the time, I was working a full-time job, plus a "fun" part-time, retail job. The food poisoning set in about half an hour after I made it to my part-time job on Saturday afternoon. I was the only person working in my department that night, and less than an hour in to my shift, I knew there was no way I could be there for 8 hours. I somehow managed to drive the 35 minutes home without stopping, not considering that we didn't have Gatorade, regular ginger ale, popsicles, bananas, bread, etc. I got home, took the dogs out, and barely made it back inside to the bathroom. I spent most of the rest of the day and most of the night in the bathroom. All of my friends I thought to text for help were busy that evening, and my parents lived across the state. I gave serious consideration to calling 911 for an ambulance to take me to the ER and calling my parents to drive out to take care of the dogs. The only reason I didn't go to the ER was my concern over who would take care of the dogs if I had to stay there for any length of time! A friend was free on Sunday morning and agreed to go to the grocery store for me. I should've learned after that incident!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
extremely first world problems sir! to say nothing of lower APD because it was PE rather than J
PE and J charge identical APD. Only the “lowest cabin of service” - economy/main cabin - is eligible for the discounted APD rate.

(This means, by extension, that you should never be charged additional APD when upgrading a PE fare to J on VS...)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

It's my last day to work in the office this week. Thorsday I get to work from home. And this week is my off Friday.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:56 am

MAEN!

It's my last day to work in the office this week. Thorsday I get to work from home. And this week is my off Friday.
Very nice!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:03 am

Morning, Lounge! I'm happy to report I'm on the mend! I have a headache, although I'm guessing that is because I've not consumed coffee since Sunday and am likely still dehydrated.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:07 am

MAEN!

What is MAEN?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night ... a Lounge-ism (maybe a couple years old now) to accommodate the fact that people in the US post "Good morning" and others reply "Well it's afternoon in AMS" or "it's tomorrow night in SIN" ...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night ... a Lounge-ism (maybe a couple years old now) to accommodate the fact that people in the US post "Good morning" and others reply "Well it's afternoon in AMS" or "it's tomorrow night in SIN" ...
I believe that common usage in The Lounge started here a little over a year ago. But I think the first time I posted it in The Lounge was here more than five years ago.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Guilt over ginger ale, or do you mean what you add to that ginger ale? (Old Fashioned?)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:06 am

I believe that common usage in The Lounge started here a little over a year ago. But I think the first time I posted it in The Lounge was here more than five years ago.
I think it started over on that other website, when it was first started and people were playing with dancing monkeys in the beta testing phase......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.