Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
On a scale of 1 to Sidney Crosby, how bad were the tears of Steelers fans in PIT this weekend after learning of Antτnio Brown being traded?
Whooooooooo?!?!?

Not sure why I had a semi-goofy look in my eyes!

As to what percentage of Pittsburgh Steelers fans are upset about this, I did an in depth survey . . . asking my office manager and my dispatcher . . . . They both say "Good riddance", and that many peeps are NOT disappointed to see him go, with all of the antics he pulled.

That said . . . your question was about the tears of Steelers fans "in PIT" . . . I really didn't have time to run out to the airport and ask people!

TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
DT is awesome with a capital “A” baybee! (Cue Dick Vitale).

We had an awesome time. Dave keeps a pretty full schedule with his business so it was even more awesome that he took the time out to literally chauffeur me around. The chili dog is still hanging around in my belly. It was an experience.

A highly recommended experience for all FT regulars. He’s a walking Pitt encyclopedia and a very gracious host and down-to-earth guy. On a side note, for fellow believers out there, please keep Dave in your prayers ‘cuz he’s the genuine article.

Very happy to add add him to my circle of friends and hope to return the favor one day.

Against my better judgement, the infamous “Horta Hears a Chilli Dog” pic (and don’t you dare post the other one, Dave ).

Let’s see who can discern the difference between the hot dog and my portly flanges:

DaveTravels exhibits his mad professional photography skillz on an unworthy subject. Almost as good as my mug shot at the Post Office

Thanx for the ever-so-over-the-top embellishment of out brief outing! It WAS fun! I luv to drive, and luv to show off our beautiful city

As to the chili cheese dog moment . . . . Somehow, I had a feeling you were a chili cheese dog kind of guy!

As to the after-effect of an Original chili cheese dog . . . I'm sure we would'a had 5 minutes to stop at a CoGo's (our version of 7-11) for some Alka Seltzer.

Don't worry about the "other" pic you sent me from the plane. It's safe with me. You won't see it in the "Disgusting acts of Delta passengers" thread!

As to the high quality of my photography . . . I did, indeed process my own color photos in my basement decades ago before it all went digital!
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So you make them go "cold turkey" with their meals being suddenly shifted by an hour instead of gradually easing into the new time zone? They'd be happy now, but it must seem cruel and unusual on annual "fall back" day in the autumn.
LOL, they do think it is cruel and unusual punishment on "fall back" day, although if I'm a minute late, they think it is cruel and unusual punishment. Schultz is going to be very upset on Thursday when he must skip breakfast and treats due to his surgery.
Originally Posted by davetravels
Whooooooooo?!?!?

Not sure why I had a semi-goofy look in my eyes!

As to what percentage of Pittsburgh Steelers fans are upset about this, I did an in depth survey . . . asking my office manager and my dispatcher . . . . They both say "Good riddance", and that many peeps are NOT disappointed to see him go, with all of the antics he pulled.

That said . . . your question was about the tears of Steelers fans "in PIT" . . . I really didn't have time to run out to the airport and ask people!

LOL, I'm happy to see him go.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Nobody has tears when they're "in PIT", unless they're tears of happiness, because they're all overjoyed to be leaving Pittsburgh. (though I guess there are plenty of people arriving "in PIT" who may be in tears).

Cool pic on the sidelines. Had to be exciting! And even without Antonio Brown, I'm sure the Steelers will still beat my Bengals twice this year, like they do pretty much ever year.
davetravels likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Nobody has tears when they're "in PIT", unless they're tears of happiness, because they're all overjoyed to be leaving Pittsburgh. (though I guess there are plenty of people arriving "in PIT" who may be in tears).

Cool pic on the sidelines. Had to be exciting! And even without Antonio Brown, I'm sure the Steelers will still beat my Bengals twice this year, like they do pretty much ever year.
That's mean. Don't pick on PIT unless you want to criticize the decision to move the airport a couple miles farther from town when they built the new terminal, and then expected people to drive to the airport and pay for parking just to go shopping (in an airside mall, post-security----and this was shortly before 9/11) when the Pittsburgh area already had some perfectly fine even somewhat upscale indoor shopping malls.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Enough of this PIT bull. You're making this thread PITifull. Quit Steeling our attention and let's move on to other important topics like how many days until Thorsday.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Enough of this PIT bull. You're making this thread PITifull. Quit Steeling our attention and let's move on to other important topics like how many days until Thorsday.
It's only one day til. . . . .

MSPeconomist and TheHorta like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I like turtles.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:23 pm

I like turtles.
Turtles are stupid. Everyone knows tortoises are better.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:24 pm

I like turtles.
Great segue.

They're turtley awesome. And they turned Zombie Kid into a shellebrity.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
Hey, our parents tortoise to be kinder than that. Besides, they're only a hare better.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Better for what? Turtles make good soup while tortoise shell stuff is nice, although most of it never sees a real or imaginary tortoise.

Also, it we're betting here, surely someone will want to enter their dog into the race, although if the dog starts to chase the hare, floppy ears could win by a nose.

Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Better for what? Turtles make good soup while tortoise shell stuff is nice, although most of it never sees a real or imaginary tortoise.

Also, it we're betting here, surely someone will want to enter their dog into the race, although if the dog starts to chase the hare, floppy ears could win by a nose.
You want to eat someone's pet?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:54 pm

You want to eat someone's pet?
Certainly if it's a fake ESA, otherwise it depends on whether it tastes good.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
Pitbull

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.