Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Speaking of squirrels, someone received a new batch (thank you whomever recommended getting a 'refill')

Our squirrels have gotten slippery when my blind throw landed the little suckers in Pumpkin's water dish. Oops.
That pup has a lot of toys. You're obviously having fun spoiling him.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd be curious how long some of those chew toys survive a rambunctious pup ... the average life span of a soft toy in our household is maybe 20 minutes
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Since I don't have kids, it's fun to spoil him. Plus, I figure if I give him plenty of toys to play with, he's less likely to eat my shoes. And it's funny as heck to watch him play with his toys. He likes to chop down on one and shake it hard. Which results in Pumpkin clobbering himself in the head with his toy, and then invariably, he gets so excited the toy goes flying...then he pounces on it and the entire process starts over. It's pretty hilarious to watch...and cheaper than antidepressants

Originally Posted by jrl767
I'd be curious how long some of those chew toys survive a rambunctious pup ... the average life span of a soft toy in our household is maybe 20 minutes
The really crappily built ones last like 20 minutes. Gumby is going back to Chewy this weekend because poor Gumby lost his limb after about 10 minutes. I woke up to a blizzard on my floor last week when a dollar store Santa was run over by Pumpkindeer overnight. But, the Kong soft toys and the squirrels have lasted, on average, about 6-8 weeks. I try to read up before buying and only try to buy soft toys that are recommended for moderate to heavy chewers. Again, I figure it's worth it to spend $10 on a toy instead of him chomping down on my Merrill winter running shoes or my Born work shoes.

If I find him really starting to gnaw on a soft toy, I try to swap out the toy with his Himalayan Chew or a Peanut Butter filled Kong. He LOVES these and they can easily occupy him for 20-30 minutes.

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:18 pm
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:36 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Happy Fri-yay all.

Happy Friyay!
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Sounds nice. I'd like some snow. High of 79F here today. We're supposed to have thunderstorms daily Saturday through Tuesday.
I'm enjoying the Texas weather.
Originally Posted by davetravels
A VERY Happy Fry-yay!

LOL
Speaking of squirrels, someone received a new batch (thank you whomever recommended getting a 'refill')

Our squirrels have gotten slippery when my blind throw landed the little suckers in Pumpkin's water dish. Oops.
So adorable!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N830MH
Do you think I can go back the entire airliners.net? This is where I belongs. I am more favorable than FlyerTalk. Do they think will ever reconsider with me again? I’m waiting for over decades now.
You guys did not read my post about entire a.net. Do I think I can go back on the entire a.net? Will they ever reconsider with me again?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
You guys did not read my post about entire a.net. Do I think I can go back on the entire a.net? Will they ever reconsider with me again?
You'll have to contact them. We have no affiliation or control over airliners.net.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN.

Long night, Pup sick. Poor baby. A bit lethargic at 5:45a, when I woke up (again) to the sound of him retching, but seems to be a bit better as the morning wears on, playing with his toys. Fingers crossed it's just an 'I ate something bad' phenomenon.

Kipper, hope your road trip with the 2 handsome fellas is smooth sailing.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:25 am

MAEN.

Long night, Pup sick. Poor baby. A bit lethargic at 5:45a, when I woke up (again) to the sound of him retching, but seems to be a bit better as the morning wears on, playing with his toys. Fingers crossed it's just an 'I ate something bad' phenomenon.

Kipper, hope your road trip with the 2 handsome fellas is smooth sailing.
Hope Pumpkin is feeling better!

We're headed through Tennessee now. We have a stop in Bristol, TN for food and diesel planned.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Happy daylight savings time switch day.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting The Horta here in Pittsburgh yesterday. I happened to spot a post of his that he was in town, so, I picked him up at his hotel, and showed him around town for almost 3 hours, which included a Pittsburgh famous chili dog <his with cheese> from the Original Hot Dog Shop in Oakland! Then, a "must do" stop at the Duquesne Incline observation deck enroute to the airport to catch his southbound Delta flights!

He can decide if he wants to post the chili dog pic!
BenA, MSPeconomist, Zorak and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:51 am

Happy daylight savings time switch day.
Grumble, grumble.
Originally Posted by davetravels
I had the absolute pleasure of meeting The Horta here in Pittsburgh yesterday. I happened to spot a post of his that he was in town, so, I picked him up at his hotel, and showed him around town for almost 3 hours, which included a Pittsburgh famous chili dog <his with cheese> from the Original Hot Dog Shop in Oakland! Then, a "must do" stop at the Duquesne Incline observation deck enroute to the airport to catch his southbound Delta flights!

He can decide if he wants to post the chili dog pic!
We need to actually catch up on one of my trips to Pittsburgh.
davetravels likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:30 pm

A three hour tour? Let's see: the incline, of course, and maybe the restored train station at the bottom, the zoo, Point Park (the triangle where the three rivers meet as well as an old fort), Carnegie Institute for the dinosaur bones and the building plus the associated art museum (Sarah Scaife Mellon), the flower place, Cathedral of Learning (Pitt) for the international rooms (but they're rarely open, the outdoor sculpture on the CMU campus, the former "bridge to nowhere", pro sports facilities I guess, and can one still tour the Heinz "factory"? There wouldn't be time to do Falling Water, which requires advance reservations anyway. The 9/11 crash site memorial would also be too far (and in the opposite direction from the airport).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:45 pm

A three hour tour? Let's see: the incline, of course, and maybe the restored train station at the bottom, the zoo, Point Park (the triangle where the three rivers meet as well as an old fort), Carnegie Institute for the dinosaur bones and the building plus the associated art museum (Sarah Scaife Mellon), the flower place, Cathedral of Learning (Pitt) for the international rooms (but they're rarely open, the outdoor sculpture on the CMU campus, the former "bridge to nowhere", pro sports facilities I guess, and can one still tour the Heinz "factory"? There wouldn't be time to do Falling Water, which requires advance reservations anyway. The 9/11 crash site memorial would also be too far (and in the opposite direction from the airport).
That's way more than three hours...
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
A three hour tour?
Let's just hope the weather doesn't start getting rough.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
That's way more than three hours...
Maybe they meant, pick 1 or 2 from this list. Some could be all day like Fallingwater.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.