Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
we kept to Sonoma ... consensus was that it was not worth driving over to Napa in 4” with flood warnings abounding

yesterday’s stops were at Cline and Jacuzzi (their sister operation across the road); this morning — well, more accurately, closer to noon — we went to the Adobe Road tasting room which is about five minutes’ walk from where we were staying in Petaluma
What's a little water going to hurt?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Let's see... what day is it today???!!?

Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN and happy Thorsday to all. Really looking forward to a weekend of not working. And, we got a few inches of snow overnight, enough to make it look pretty, not enough to be annoying. Coffee is on, and, I am going to go get Pumpkin from the sitter soon (he had a short stay while I hopped to the midwest and back). Yay.

Although, I must say, Delta had some annoying quirks on this week's trip. Not only did the FA not offer a FC preboard drink on the first leg, but the last leg, the ATL GA stuck me in the very last row, window seat on my standby...even though there were 8 FA non revs standbys that were given better seats, including 1 in an exit row (from what I could see). I would have expected better from Delta and I've already submitted a complaint form (more for them to know at times they drop the ball than being a DYKWIA). Oh well, onwards and upwards...have a good day, all.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a purpose in seating nonrevs in exit rows IF IF IF the nonrev is a FA or pilot as they would be very familiar with emergency procedures such as how to open emergency exits and help others to evacuate the aircraft. This is even more true if the deadheading or offduty crew are wearing DL uniforms. OTOH, other NRSAs (buddy pass riders etc.) should get the least desirable seats, although this might not be explicit policy. It's good for DL's business to treat its paying customers well when there's a choice between such passengers and DL friends and family.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Let's see... what day is it today???!!?

Yummy!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:25 am

Morning, Lounge! Happy Thorsday!

The wayward emu from last week has been captured and is safely with someone who has other emus.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge! Happy Thorsday!

The wayward emu from last week has been captured and is safely with someone who has other emus.
AWWWW, I was hoping to see you post an announcement of an EMU DO, preferably grilled and served with good beer and wine.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AWWWW, I was hoping to see you post an announcement of an EMU DO, preferably grilled and served with good beer and wine.
That might still be an option. Just not with this emu.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:35 am

The emu that got away. It was a great story, complete with your emu whisperer.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
What's a little water going to hurt?
Exactly. I like a little splash of water with my bourbon -or if I am with my son-in-law Scotch.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Exactly. I like a little splash of water with my bourbon -or if I am with my son-in-law Scotch.
Your son-in-law is named Scotch? Or is your daughter married to an alcoholic beverage?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The emu that got away. It was a great story, complete with your emu whisperer.
LOL, the emu didn't get away though. He (or she) is now safe on a farm.
LOL, your son-in-law is named Scotch? That's a unique name for someone. Were his parents alcoholics?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Your son-in-law is named Scotch? Or is your daughter married to an alcoholic beverage?
A Scot is a nationality (well strictly even that is not true) - my son in law is a Scot - or a Scotsman.

Scotch is a drink - definitely not a nationality. My son in law is a Scotsman and his drink of choice is single malt scotch with a splash of water.

Does that clear things up or have you lot in the lounge had too much to drink?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:56 am

A Scot is a nationality (well strictly even that is not true) - my son in law is a Scot - or a Scotsman.

Scotch is a drink - definitely not a nationality. My son in law is a Scotsman and his drink of choice is single malt scotch with a splash of water.

Does that clear things up or have you lot in the lounge had too much to drink?
My son's middle name is Scott, and my niece married a Scot, but there are no Scotches in the family. But I think you've cleared up the issue. Maybe we can discuss Scotch Tape later.

Now, do you have any family members named Bourbon, or in all of your travels have you ever been to Bourbon County?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:44 pm

My son's middle name is Scott, and my niece married a Scot, but there are no Scotches in the family. But I think you've cleared up the issue. Maybe we can discuss Scotch Tape later.

Now, do you have any family members named Bourbon, or in all of your travels have you ever been to Bourbon County?
LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.