Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Wow....if MN s calling out the guard you know its bad. Stay safe MSP!

I, on the other hand, had a 25 minute departure delay due to wind. Chicken in the sky club smelled a little off, but at least they had Goslings ane undercooked brownies :-). The FC FA didnt bother even asking for a pre flight beverage...but service and dinner during the flight was quite good.

Now Im stuck in 5B on an RJ (HATE fixed armrests and there is a nonrev is 5C) and hoping Tulsa avoided the worst of this weeks weather.

EDIT; absolutely no snow on the ground in Tulsa. Too far south? Tho the strip malls and 6 lane surface roads are out in full force :-/

Last edited by navi_jen; Feb 25, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

I hope you didn't need any computer support over the weekend then.

Today is a Monday after an (unplanned) 4-day weekend. I have decided to try to make it a good day anyway.
LOL. I meant it's mostly gone as in the snow, not IT. Sorry for capitalizing the T.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767 and I are spending a few days in CA wine country ... we flew SEA-SFO late Sat morning, saw “Hamilton” at the Orpheum Theatre that evening, then drove up the coast and across to Petaluma on Sun afternoon, finishing up with a stop at Karah Vineyards near Santa Rosa before meeting up with friends at an AirBnB ... made three winery visits (Foley Sonoma, Lancaster, Chalk Hill) in the pouring rain in the Healdsburg area today; two or three more are on the docket for tomorrow
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
Mrs767 and I are spending a few days in CA wine country ... we flew SEA-SFO late Sat morning, saw “Hamilton” at the Orpheum Theatre that evening, then drove up the coast and across to Petaluma on Sun afternoon, finishing up with a stop at Karah Vineyards near Santa Rosa before meeting up with friends at an AirBnB ... made three winery visits (Foley Sonoma, Lancaster, Chalk Hill) in the pouring rain in the Healdsburg area today; two or three more are on the docket for tomorrow
^ I like Jordan Vineyard and Winery just north of Healdsburg.

Didn't realize you were going to be in town. Prob couldn't have met up anyway, just got back from LAS Sunday night and off to SEA tomorrow with Mom -- not your SEA, Southeast Asia
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen

I, on the other hand, had a 25 minute departure delay due to wind. Chicken in the sky club smelled a little off, but at least they had Goslings ane undercooked brownies :-). The FC FA didnt bother even asking for a pre flight beverage...but service and dinner during the flight was quite good.

Now Im stuck in 5B on an RJ (HATE fixed armrests and there is a nonrev is 5C) and hoping Tulsa avoided the worst of this weeks weather.

EDIT; absolutely no snow on the ground in Tulsa. Too far south? Tho the strip malls and 6 lane surface roads are out in full force :-/
Good call on avoiding the chicken. After having food poisoning from chicken, if it smells or looks a little off, I avoid it!
I suggest Darioush as a winery to visit.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Originally Posted by MarkP24
LOL. I meant it's mostly gone as in the snow, not IT. Sorry for capitalizing the T.
You should know that in most cases I will deliberately misinterpret anything for my own amusement.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:18 am

MAEN!

You should know that in most cases I will deliberately misinterpret anything for my own amusement.
Good morning!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Good morning!
Maybe it is there, but here it's still only quarter to 11.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by navi_jen

The interstate was reopened this morning, although some major secondary roads are still closed due to blowing snow and whiteout. The pictures look dramatic and it's still slow going, In the meantime, it's snowing again, with more expected overnight.

I'm so jealous. If you want a "big red bear" winery, go to Frog's Leap (early leader in organic/sustainable operations) in the main part of Napa (Oakville and close to the main road in the valley IIRC) or HLR (Heller Family Vineyards) way up a dirt road from Calistoga.

Originally Posted by Zorak
^ I like Jordan Vineyard and Winery just north of Healdsburg.

Didn't realize you were going to be in town. Prob couldn't have met up anyway, just got back from LAS Sunday night and off to SEA tomorrow with Mom -- not your SEA, Southeast Asia
Jordan does impressive (and somewhat expensive) library tastings, by appointment only of course. Watch out for deer as you drive into the property.

Good call on avoiding the chicken. After having food poisoning from chicken, if it smells or looks a little off, I avoid it!

I suggest Darioush as a winery to visit.
IIRC this one is vaguely on the east side of Napa Valley, on the east side of the road and not far from Stag's Leap (the original one, I know the label but can never remember the spelling) and Pine Ridge. It's supposedly wonderful (and expensive), but I've never been able to get an appointment there.

Not in the same category, but I like Clos Pegas in Calistoga partly due to its sculpture collection. No reservation needed when I visited. Mantazas Creek is also good, although I was there for a special tasting when they also had an art show, so mine might not have been the usual experience; appointments needed.
MAEN!

Of course we know this.

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:48 pm

Maybe it is there, but here it's still only quarter to 11.
It is only 2 hours until quitting time for me.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC this one is vaguely on the east side of Napa Valley, on the east side of the road and not far from Stag's Leap (the original one, I know the label but can never remember the spelling) and Pine Ridge. It's supposedly wonderful (and expensive), but I've never been able to get an appointment there.
I have expensive tastes?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:13 pm

It is only 2 hours until quitting time for me.
Me too. Which means I start way too early.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:42 pm

Me too. Which means I start way too early.
Some days, I start way too early too.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:56 pm

Some days, I start way too early too.
4 minutes and I'm out of here...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
4 minutes and I'm out of here...
Didn't you arrive at least four minutes early this morning?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
* * S I G H ! * *

A friend just texted me from the upper deck (in Y) on a LH A380 about to depart LAX for FRA, continuing on to IST.

Another friend is in LA tonight enroute to HKG tomorrow, then the next day on to DPS.

I'm at home in PIT, after having spent 3 days last week in the hospital with absolute ZERO desire to go ANYWHERE!. <Thanking you in advance for not asking for details - I'm fine, at the moment>

* * S I G H ! * *

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.