Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Rained like a banshee here today. Puppy rolled around in the wet soggy snow while Mama got wet.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Rained like a banshee here today. Puppy rolled around in the wet soggy snow while Mama got wet.
Better than the snow we've had this winter. Hopefully no more snow this winter.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How does the boat like the rain? Since it's basically a fishing boat, I'd want to guess that it's happy and in its element, but boats must get sick of rain just like people do.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What a weird SUNSNOWday. I see clear blue sky but roads are (still, post blizzard) closed due to whiteout only 50 miles away. Some of the drifts and piles of snow look impressive.
That would explain my flight delay. Aircraft is inbound from MSP. It pushed back from the gate on time but must apparently waited about an hour to takeoff. Our already late Sunday night arrival home is getting even later.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry about that. Usually de-icing at MSP is very efficient with the drive through a car wash setup, but sometimes it does get backed up. With blowing snow, they're probably alternating between using and plowing runways, although MSP does have an impressive amount of snow removal equipment. There's also some recent high tech toy that measures how slippery the runway is so that pilots don't get nasty surprised and go off the runway.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Mom and I just flew LAS-SJC, but the flight before ours at the same gate was LAS-MSP. The GA announced it was payload optimized and it left without some unhappy standby pax (one couple said they were facing the CVG red-eye and getting in tomorrow morning... I didn't see anything on Matrix that would've gotten them home tonight on DL)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
Yeah, I saw that and thought Canarsie would drop by and snag it!

Technically, that would be milepost number 102,003 if continuing from the original discussion.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:40 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Did puppy need a bath after his roll in the snow?
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Technically, that would be milepost number 102,003 if continuing from the original discussion.
LOL, details, details.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:18 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Originally Posted by MarkP24
IT's all mostly gone now
I hope you didn't need any computer support over the weekend then.

Today is a Monday after an (unplanned) 4-day weekend. I have decided to try to make it a good day anyway.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Hope no one here lost their wallet on the ATL rental car train today. If you did, I found it when boarding at the rental car facility. After an unsuccessful search I turned it in at the SP baggage check.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:51 pm

SNOW stories: The governor declared a disaster/emergency and sent national guard troops out to rescue folks trapped on roads in the whiteout. It looked grim and about 250 people spent the night in two armories on cots. There are still roads closed as far north as Cannon Falls (for people who know the area), while I-35 (north south, starting at Duluth and going through the Twin Cities then Des Moines, etc.) is closed from about an hour south (where 8' snowdrifts are reported) of Minneapolis to Ames (home of Iowa State MOO and about a half hour north of Des Moines and the I-80 intersection), while I-90 (east west, from Sioux Falls in the southeastern corner of SD to Madison) is now closed from just west of I-35 to just east of Rochester (MN). It's not as clear and sunny as yesterday, but it's hard to imagine that there are such bad whiteout conditions not far away. Everyone southeast of the metro area is still being told to stay home, stay off the roads, shelter in place, etc.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 25, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
SNOW stories: The governor declared a disaster/emergency and sent national guard troops out to rescue folks trapped on roads in the whiteout. It looked grim and about 250 people spent the night in two armories on cots. There are still roads closed as far north as Cannon Falls (for people who know the area), while I-35 (north south, starting at Duluth and going through the Twin Cities then Des Moines, etc.) is closed from about an hour south (where 8' snowdrifts are reported) of Minneapolis to Ames (home of Iowa State MOO and about a half hour north of Des Moines and the I-80 intersection), while I-90 (east west, from Sioux Falls in the southeastern corner of SD to Madison) is now closed from just west of I-35 to just east of Rochester (MN). It's not as clear and sunny as yesterday, but it's hard to imagine that there are such bad whiteout conditions not far away. Everyone southeast of the metro area is still being told to stay home, stay off the roads, shelter in place, etc.
Reminds me of the frozen planet Hoth in The Empire Strikes back. Unfortunately the national guard troops don't have tauntauns to ride like Han did. If they found somebody stuck in the cold they could just slice the tauntaun open and put them inside to keep warm. It may not keep them super warm inside, but it would at least keep them Luke warm.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:07 pm

This one's a bit funny: Rochester MN airport (in the middle of the blizzard followed by the whiteout) has reopened their runway but the airport still cannot operate any commercial flights because TSA employees have been ordered not to report to work. [Apparently ATC is fully present and ready to go.] I don't know whether any DL aircraft overnight there and would have had stranded crew, who presumably would still be stuck there from Saturday, which probably has a somewhat light schedule.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
How does the boat like the rain? Since it's basically a fishing boat, I'd want to guess that it's happy and in its element, but boats must get sick of rain just like people do.
I don't know. Will have to ask her. I want to get Eisenglass (fancy name for really heavy plastic) to cover the back of the house....that way only the deck gets wet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.