Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767

I think that is an ex-still-ent suggestion
LOL
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Anyone else get hit by the snow today?
Hit? No. I was not pelted by snow.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
He's cute but I really approve of the Stags Leap Artemis being consumed in some far away place. Did it cost a fortune in the RC? I hate to think what the price would be in the RC Hong Kong or RC Tokyo.
Thanks Kipper and MSP.

I was surprised when that wine was plonked on the table. I rarely drink on the road but I don't traditionally drink Artemis, so I didn't want to pass it up. When I saw the bottle, I was curious to see the wine list (and the prices). Alas, I was not the host, so I have no idea about the local price.

But it sure was nice and helped me sleep. Surprisingly bearable jetlag this trip.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:25 am

would you perhaps be referring to the Biltmore Estate near Asheville?
Some of the Biltmore wines are nice. No, this strange Pinot Grigio was from Raylen winery in Mocksville, NC. They usually make good wine. Funny thing about North Carolina. The wine in the west is much better than in the east (muscadine, scuppernong)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Thanks Kipper and MSP.

I was surprised when that wine was plonked on the table. I rarely drink on the road but I don't traditionally drink Artemis, so I didn't want to pass it up. When I saw the bottle, I was curious to see the wine list (and the prices). Alas, I was not the host, so I have no idea about the local price.

But it sure was nice and helped me sleep. Surprisingly bearable jetlag this trip.
I've found I can usually power through jetlag when I reach my destination, but have a very difficult time with jetlag once I get home.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:52 am

Happy Thorsday Eve, Lounge!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Anyone else get hit by the snow today?
We got snow on Sunday night/Monday. Apparently my son took advantage of the opportunity to slide off the road and total his car. Is that the kind of hit you were talking about?

Originally Posted by kipper
Happy Thorsday Eve, Lounge!
Yay for tomorrow! With all the talk about drinking in here, it seems that everyone is already Thorsty.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

would you perhaps be referring to the Biltmore Estate near Asheville?
Yes, that's it. Thanks.

BTW, all of the Thorsday talk here reminds me of the cute hump day commercial on TV with the camel walking around an office with cubicles.

Happy Not-Yet-Thorsday/Thirstday everyone.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

not to my knowledge ... Mrs767 and I belong to the “Spirits Club” at one; they’re actually better known for their gins, and have recently expanded into brown spirits as well

@Zorak - I’ll check w them as to a tour or tasting or something on Sat after the Everett factory tour
Which one? The spirits scene in Seattle is pretty solid. Woodinville Whiskey is probably the fastest growing; they got bought by out by LVMH, so expect their stuff to show up in every airport duty free shop in Asia momentarily . Sun Liquor does a pretty solid gin - I was really sad when AS dropped them from their liquor cabinet. I haven’t had as much luck with Fremont Mischief, even though I really want to like them because they’re two blocks from my office - although I’ve only tried their base gin and should maybe give their other spirits a chance. I don’t really have much of an impression of Batch 206, other than their spirits paired well with the Windy City Pie that used to be served there...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zitsky
Some of the Biltmore wines are nice. No, this strange Pinot Grigio was from Raylen winery in Mocksville, NC. They usually make good wine. Funny thing about North Carolina. The wine in the west is much better than in the east (muscadine, scuppernong)
For solid east coast wine, I actually recommend Virginia. There is some seriously terrible plonk being created most places (avoid anything from Chateau Morisette, for example), but if you’re selective there are a few wineries making incredibly refined bottles (at a price!). In particular, RdV Vineyards’ Friends and Family or Rendezvous are some of my top wines I’ve ever enjoyed - beautifully balanced and perfect for stumping origin-snob friends in a blind tasting.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by BenA
Which one? The spirits scene in Seattle is pretty solid. Woodinville Whiskey is probably the fastest growing; they got bought by out by LVMH, so expect their stuff to show up in every airport duty free shop in Asia momentarily . Sun Liquor does a pretty solid gin - I was really sad when AS dropped them from their liquor cabinet. I haven’t had as much luck with Fremont Mischief, even though I really want to like them because they’re two blocks from my office - although I’ve only tried their base gin and should maybe give their other spirits a chance. I don’t really have much of an impression of Batch 206, other than their spirits paired well with the Windy City Pie that used to be served there...
Scratch Distillery up in Edmonds ... I also miss Sun Liquor "Hedge Trimmer" gin on my AS flights ... Batch 206 is ok; Big Gin (off Nickerson just east of the Ballard Bridge) is also reasonably good

Mischief makes some really nice ryes (including their second label, John Jacob); they've even partnered with a few of the "Deadliest Catch" boats to barrel-age those spirits on board during crab season, and sell them as 375ml limited releases

Originally Posted by BenA
For solid east coast wine, I actually recommend Virginia.
during the time we lived in NoVA (2001-2015) the wine industry went from something like 20 vineyards and producers statewide to something like 700 ... some of our favorites are Pearmund, Crushed Cellars, Dry Mill, and Paradise Springs
BenA likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 13, 2019 at 9:55 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
We got snow on Sunday night/Monday. Apparently my son took advantage of the opportunity to slide off the road and total his car. Is that the kind of hit you were talking about?

Yay for tomorrow! With all the talk about drinking in here, it seems that everyone is already Thorsty.
LOL, after today, I cannot wait for Thirsty Thorsday!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, that's it. Thanks.

BTW, all of the Thorsday talk here reminds me of the cute hump day commercial on TV with the camel walking around an office with cubicles.

Happy Not-Yet-Thorsday/Thirstday everyone.
LOL, the Geico commercial that's old and being replayed?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:46 am

Happy Thorsday, everyone!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Howste

Really sorry about the car!!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Back at ya!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Yes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.