Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Alcohol is a compound @:-)

Not quite the same thing, but Red Square at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas has a bartop that is coated with ice, and serves a wide and varied selection of vodkas (and caviars) from around the world. They also have a "vodka vault" which is kept at freezing temperatures and they have fur coats and hats you can borrow to go in for a tasting.

People who think all vodka is the same because it's odorless and flavorless should do a tasting/sampler here! (Insert joke about drinking too much and "horizontal tastings" )
Alcohol is an organic chemical, although actually it's a whole family of molecules, commonly abbreviated as ROH, with methanol and ethanol being the simplest. It's organic becasue the R part contains carbon atoms and the OH (oxygen and hydrogen) part makes it an alcohol.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:21 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm afraid if we keep this up it will not have a salute-ary effect on kipper's health!
I haven't consumed alcohol since Super Bowl Sunday.
Originally Posted by navi_jen
MAEN Delta folks, navi_jen saying hi from Bangalore India. Had surprisingly good Italian Risotto last night (paired with Stags Leap Artemis) and a decent Starbucks (I asked for Thai or Vietnamese type coffee, our 'dude' got us Starbucks). I highly recommend the Ritz in Bangalore too, fabulous breakfast buffet. Start the journey home tonight, only to be welcomed by four inches of freezing, heavy wet snow that fell overnight in Boston. But at least I get to see my Pumpkin soon. He's not as cute as Thor, but he'll do.

PS. Thor, handsome, but not my thing. I'm more a George Clooney/Paul Newman type (particularly since I am past the boyish threshold, a la young Brad Pitt).

Awww, so cute!
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
According to chemistry, alcohol, and thus vodka, is a solution.

Well it wasn't last night, but I have stayed at the "Survival Inn" at Fairchild Air Force Base where I completed USAF emergency parachute training, i.e. how to jump out or eject from a not perfectly-good airplane.
LOL
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:58 pm

I prefer Absolut vodka in my martinis because it just tastes better. I know it's not considered the best, but I don't care.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
I prefer Absolut vodka in my martinis because it just tastes better. I know it's not considered the best, but I don't care.
I prefer Double Cross vodka.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
there are a couple of craft distilleries here in the Seattle area that make really good (as in, medal-winning) vodkas
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
there are a couple of craft distilleries here in the Seattle area that make really good (as in, medal-winning) vodkas
I think next time you are passing through the area, we should try one of the two local distilleries.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
I wonder if their business has taken a significant hit ever since the expulsion of those Russian diplomats from Seattle last year.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by kipper
I think next time you are passing through the area, we should try one of the two local distilleries.
I think that is an ex-still-ent suggestion
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I wonder if their business has taken a significant hit ever since the expulsion of those Russian diplomats from Seattle last year.
not to my knowledge ... Mrs767 and I belong to the “Spirits Club” at one; they’re actually better known for their gins, and have recently expanded into brown spirits as well

@Zorak - I’ll check w them as to a tour or tasting or something on Sat after the Everett factory tour
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone else get hit by the snow today?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I prefer wine, but not in martinis.

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Anyone else get hit by the snow today?
Yes, depending on what you mean by "hit by".
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Yes, depending on what you mean by "hit by".
LOL Affected by....
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:15 pm

Wine is good too. I had the strangest Pinot Grigio from North Carolina recently. Beautiful color but tastes nothing like a normal PG.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:20 pm

Wine is good too. I had the strangest Pinot Grigio from North Carolina recently. Beautiful color but tastes nothing like a normal PG.
Was this from the big "castle hotel" estate with the largest tasting room east of the Mississippi, IIRC near Ashland?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was this from the big "castle hotel" estate with the largest tasting room east of the Mississippi, IIRC near Ashland?
would you perhaps be referring to the Biltmore Estate near Asheville?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.