Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For those who know MSP: Tonight in the snow, I noticed that flights arriving at MSP were landing by flying very low over Lake Nokomis, which would be from the northwest and then a bit later apparently from the west, flying very low from west to east along a path between and parallel to I-494 and Highway 62. I assume that this way a method to close a runway and use another one while the first one was being plowed, but it still surprised me to see what I thought were somewhat unusual flight paths that also looked very low. Does this make sense?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:38 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Any good stories?
Let's start with fingers... Broke an index finger playing catcher in a pick-up game of softball. I took a bat to the hand. Broke a pinky playing football with Penn State football players one summer. Not on the play where I broke my finger, but before that, I was the one that turned the flag football game into a game of tackle football. I tackled one of the PSU football players, and once they figured out I was fine with it, we then moved to tackle football. That was the same game that another friend got a broken nose. His healed faster than my injury, as the campus med center didn't set mine correctly, so the ortho needed to re-set it.

Other broken bones:
  • Right foot, falling down two steps (had surgery to fix it)
  • Other index finger, slammed it in a car door
  • Kneecap, fell on a wet concrete floor
  • Nose: Empress Cobaka head-butted me
This only covers broken bones, not sprains. Sprains are another story, and I can blame Empress Cobaka for some of those too.

Last edited by kipper; Feb 5, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You seem to have a very dangerous dog. However, the big question in my mind is *why* you would apparently voluntarily play (tackle) football with the PSU football team. Did you expect to win or at least lose without damage? I can't recall a period when PSU had a sufficiently bad team that playing with them would have been a good idea. Was this some crazy drunken bet or a sorority initiation stunt?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You seem to have a very dangerous dog. However, the big question in my mind is *why* you would apparently voluntarily play (tackle) football with the PSU football team. Did you expect to win or at least lose without damage? I can't recall a period when PSU had a sufficiently bad team that playing with them would have been a good idea. Was this some crazy drunken bet or a sorority initiation stunt?
LOL, Empress Cobaka can be very dangerous.

I was young and stupid when I played tackle football with PSU football players? It wasn't a drunken bet or sorority initiation stunt. The friend who suffered the broken nose invited me, saying it was flag football. I decided they were being too gentle in playing because I was playing.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:06 am

Happy Thorsday Eve!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

I got to ride in the cockpit of the company King Air E90 and bonus ball -there was an Apache ready to take off too
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

I got to ride in the cockpit of the company King Air E90 and bonus ball -there was an Apache ready to take off too
Very cool!!!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kipper
Let's start with fingers... Broke an index finger playing catcher in a pick-up game of softball. I took a bat to the hand. Broke a pinky playing football with Penn State football players one summer. Not on the play where I broke my finger, but before that, I was the one that turned the flag football game into a game of tackle football. I tackled one of the PSU football players, and once they figured out I was fine with it, we then moved to tackle football. That was the same game that another friend got a broken nose. His healed faster than my injury, as the campus med center didn't set mine correctly, so the ortho needed to re-set it.

Other broken bones:
  • Right foot, falling down two steps (had surgery to fix it)
  • Other index finger, slammed it in a car door
  • Kneecap, fell on a wet concrete floor
  • Nose: Empress Cobaka head-butted me
This only covers broken bones, not sprains. Sprains are another story, and I can blame Empress Cobaka for some of those too.
Sounds like you're a frequent flier at the Dr./ ER!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Sounds like you're a frequent flier at the Dr./ ER!
I had been. Although, in fairness, the softball injury was when I was elementary school, the car door incident was in middle school, and the right foot and pinky injuries were in college. Only the kneecap was after turning 21.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:10 am

Happy Thorsday, Lounge!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy Thorsday, Lounge!
May I ask an obvious question - or should I say a question with an obvious answer? Do you-kipper, and any other female members of the lounge think Thor is hot?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:15 am

May I ask an obvious question - or should I say a question with an obvious answer? Do you-kipper, and any other female members of the lounge think Thor is hot?
You may ask a question. You have permission.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Some guys might find him hot too @:-) not my type though
davetravels likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You may ask a question. You have permission.
Does that mean you are taking the fifth?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:42 am

Does that mean you are taking the fifth?
No, it just means that I was answering the question you asked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.