Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that’s EXCELLENT!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN.

I forgot how painful it is to get up at 4a for a morning flight. Even worse my carbon monoxide sensor battery went out at midnight, the darn thing started bleating. Then some other electronic gizmo started honking at 3a.

And knowing my workaholic West Coast boss (who I am flying out to visit)....its going to be a long day.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Is it ok to link to other forum websites on here? Thought y'all might appreciate this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bourbon/com...t_my_grandmas/
Very cool!
Originally Posted by navi_jen
MAEN.

I forgot how painful it is to get up at 4a for a morning flight. Even worse my carbon monoxide sensor battery went out at midnight, the darn thing started bleating. Then some other electronic gizmo started honking at 3a.

And knowing my workaholic West Coast boss (who I am flying out to visit)....its going to be a long day.
I feel your pain. On Wednesday, I need to be up by 3:30 AM to get ready and catch a train across the state. I won't get back until 9:30 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
After my flight last night I got to bed at 2:00 am. But at least I got to sleep in until 6:15 this morning.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
After my flight last night I got to bed at 2:00 am. But at least I got to sleep in until 6:15 this morning.
And you are awake and functioning why?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:53 am

Morning, Lounge! Mr. Kipper had the right idea... Go to HNL. We're getting snow today. Woke up to a coating on the cars and ground. I"m not happy with it.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge! Mr. Kipper had the right idea... Go to HNL. We're getting snow today. Woke up to a coating on the cars and ground. I"m not happy with it.
Sorry you are in that mess. Some rain expected in Raleigh and it will get cold overnight but temps should go back up. Possible flurries one day next week.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
Sorry you are in that mess. Some rain expected in Raleigh and it will get cold overnight but temps should go back up. Possible flurries one day next week.
Please define cold. Unless it's below zero F, I have no sympathy.
puck021 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please define cold. Unless it's below zero F, I have no sympathy.
I grew up in Northern Minnesota and the idea of an air temperature of -45 wirh wind is pretty unusual. Walking onto a flight tomorrow morning in MSP at 6:15 should be pretty interesting.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:37 am

LOL, so everyone is already ransacking grocery stores for supplies with the threat of flurries?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:39 am

I wasn't asking for sympathy. I was expressing it for someone going through severe weather. My bad.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:17 am

I wasn't asking for sympathy. I was expressing it for someone going through severe weather. My bad.
I just find it funny when those "down South" mention snow. Having lived in Hampton Roads for a few years, I know how an inch or two of snow can cause everything to close there.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:21 am

And you are awake and functioning why?
Go into your FlyerTalk settings and enable the Post-n-Sleep™ function. I wasn't even awake when that was posted...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:21 am

I just find it funny when those "down South" mention snow. Having lived in Hampton Roads for a few years, I know how an inch or two of snow can cause everything to close there.
How do people up north deal with it if they don't have all wheel drive or snow tires?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:43 am

How do people up north deal with it if they don't have all wheel drive or snow tires?
I don't have snow tires or all-wheel drive. I learned to drive in snow at a young age and have many years of experience now. I took my kids to an empty parking lot to practice soon after they got their licenses. Fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.