Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
Pretty new to Delta. On a Delta One itinerary later this year. Plan to visit one or two of the lounges. Is there a thread discussing what scotch or other drinks are offered in the Delta lounges? Too bad the best you can get on board is Dewars. (crying)
In some lounges, you have the option to purchase better alcohol from the "luxury bar" in SCs with bartenders in bigger stations. You also might have access to a partner lounge with better alcohol. For example, the KE (which are otherwise sad) lounges (I've done this at ICN and JFK) have XO cognac, available to pour yourself apparently at any hour the lounge is open.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Pretty new to Delta. On a Delta One itinerary later this year. Plan to visit one or two of the lounges. Is there a thread discussing what scotch or other drinks are offered in the Delta lounges? Too bad the best you can get on board is Dewars. (crying)
There's sort of a generic Sky Club food and bev thread: Sky Club Food Getting Better

Note that SkyPesos can be used for some (all?) drink purchases at a rate of 2cpm which is isn't the worst use of pesos...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I’m a big fan of champagne in the lounge. Miles pay for alcohol at the “Luxury Bar” at a rate of 2 cents per mile, which is one of the best consistent values going. 1750 SkyMiles will buy you a (very full) glass of Dom Perignon in most clubs, and 4000 will get you a whole bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose.

Aloft, the consensus seems to be that Woodford is the best spirit that’s consistently stocked. If your flight happens to be going to Japan, I also like the business class Eisen Junmai Ginjo sake - not going to hold it up as the best, but having had it repeatedly side by side with the economy class version, it is noticeably higher quality
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:25 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... ignition ... 1 ... 0 ... liftoff ...

Mrs767 and I are off to SoCal tomorrow ... I’ll be at the INCOSE International Workshop in the mornings (S/S/M/T); we’ll have afternoons and evenings for visits w friends and relatives, as well as exploring many of the plentiful food and (mostly) beverage venues ...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
you and Mrs767 should meet up to swap stories at some point
I think DrP needs to be included in that meetup too.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I'm so far in the sticks that we have neither Uber Eats nor Grubhub at all. Those are apparently reserved for big cities like Harrisburg
I left VPS before Uber Eats and the like existed, but it's disappointing to hear that they still don't exist. I did see that Props built a Niceville location. It's an aviation themed brewery that was started in Fort Walton Beach by 2 Air Force Reserve pilots. I think this is now their third location in the old La Rumba/Helenback.

I think you misspelled Woodford (and I only cry when they run out).
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I think DrP needs to be included in that meetup too.

I left VPS before Uber Eats and the like existed, but it's disappointing to hear that they still don't exist. I did see that Props built a Niceville location. It's an aviation themed brewery that was started in Fort Walton Beach by 2 Air Force Reserve pilots. I think this is now their third location in the old La Rumba/Helenback.

I think you misspelled Woodford (and I only cry when they run out).
Woodford is bourbon not scotch. It's a matter of the state of Kentucky versus that place north of England where the people are Scottish and not scotch.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
They probably have all kinds of delivery services in Destin for the touristas, but understandably no one wants to deal with the toll bridge. And we knowingly bought on the border between suburbia and Here Be The Dragons. Despite being just across the bridge from Destin, we used to get mail addressed to 'Rural Route 5' for a couple years when we moved here and we still buy power from a rural electric co-op. (One of these years, I need to make it to the annual electric co-op meeting with its pony rides for the kids and retired line truck as the grand prize in the door prize raffle)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Woodford is bourbon not scotch. It's a matter of the state of Kentucky versus that place north of England where the people are Scottish and not scotch.
Indeed but the poster was asking about "scotch or other drinks." Technically, bourbon doesn't have to be from Kentucky. It just happens that most of the best bourbon is from there, and I highly recommend the Horse and Bourbon Do in Lexington. By the way, ATOBTTR and I might need to meet at the brewstillery in SAT for beer and bourbon. It's probably between our houses based on where I know he works.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
They probably have all kinds of delivery services in Destin for the touristas, but understandably no one wants to deal with the toll bridge. And we knowingly bought on the border between suburbia and Here Be The Dragons. Despite being just across the bridge from Destin, we used to get mail addressed to 'Rural Route 5' for a couple years when we moved here and we still buy power from a rural electric co-op. (One of these years, I need to make it to the annual electric co-op meeting with its pony rides for the kids and retired line truck as the grand prize in the door prize raffle)
I'm sure it exists over there. The toll bridge was definitely inconvenient but at least with SunPass you could save a dollar per trip ($2 vs $3) and avoid the LONG lines for the cash lines.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I think DrP needs to be included in that meetup too!
you both — and of course the kippers as well — are always welcome to come out to Seattle

while at the moment I am NOT proposing to sponsor a SEA DO, I would certainly be amenable to serving on the planning committee

... brewstillery ...
ok, I think I need to figure out a SAT detour on one of my upcoming DC trips

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I honestly don't know what kind of pizza he had.

True.
For the record...

While I am a fan of pineapple and ham on pizza... I did not feel the urge to break out my stereotypewriter in Waikiki, therefore my pizza was topped with cibule, zelené papriky a houby (that's onion, green peppers, and mushrooms for the non-Czech speakers). The beer was Steinlager, which claims to be New Zealand's finest lager. If that is "your finest," shame on you, Kiwis! I have some friends in České Budějovice, that can provide technical assistance.

Fortunately, last night I was able to find some proper malt sustenance...Sapporo!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:05 am

Indeed but the poster was asking about "scotch or other drinks." Technically, bourbon doesn't have to be from Kentucky. It just happens that most of the best bourbon is from there, and I highly recommend the Horse and Bourbon Do in Lexington. By the way, ATOBTTR and I might need to meet at the brewstillery in SAT for beer and bourbon. It's probably between our houses based on where I know he works.

I'm sure it exists over there. The toll bridge was definitely inconvenient but at least with SunPass you could save a dollar per trip ($2 vs $3) and avoid the LONG lines for the cash lines.
I know. I have participated in the Horse and Bourbon DO, in fact the first time we went to see the Icelandic ponies.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by jrl767

you both — and of course the kippers as well — are always welcome to come out to Seattle

while at the moment I am NOT proposing to sponsor a SEA DO, I would certainly be amenable to serving on the planning committee

ok, I think I need to figure out a SAT detour on one of my upcoming DC trips

Eventually...
Originally Posted by Mr. Kipper
For the record...

While I am a fan of pineapple and ham on pizza... I did not feel the urge to break out my stereotypewriter in Waikiki, therefore my pizza was topped with cibule, zelené papriky a houby (that's onion, green peppers, and mushrooms for the non-Czech speakers). The beer was Steinlager, which claims to be New Zealand's finest lager. If that is "your finest," shame on you, Kiwis! I have some friends in České Budějovice, that can provide technical assistance.

Fortunately, last night I was able to find some proper malt sustenance...Sapporo!
LOL!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:30 am

Once again, I have demonstrated why Mr. Kipper makes a far better househusband than I do a a housewife. He asked me to call him at 10:30 Eastern. Any guesses as to what time I actually called him? And no, Mr. Kipper is not allowed to answer that question...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I know. I have participated in the Horse and Bourbon DO, in fact the first time we went to see the Icelandic ponies.
I went to it once with mattp1987 - he was working out of Wright-Patterson AF base in Dayton OH at the time and I was living about 8 miles south of DAY. We drove - but he drove back as I had way too much to drink the night before, We saw those same ponies.

We did not have pineapple pizza though.

Happy Friday - or is it post Thorsday?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.