Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
it WAS a pun~~~the first line of the linked Wikipedia entry for the Utah Test & Training Range says "located in Utah's West Desert"
I know, but girls just want to have puns... more puns.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
from our several enjoyable MDT-area get-togethers in various beer-forward establishments, I'm willing to speculate that you and Mr Kipper regard me as a gentleman ... so I guess it's ok that I'm not "pun-gent" enough today
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
it WAS a pun~~~the first line of the linked Wikipedia entry for the Utah Test & Training Range says "located in Utah's West Desert"
Too bad kipper didn’t find it very punny.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
<groan>
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Possible the student is lying and really just enjoying an extended vacation that they booked that way (through the actual first week of class) but, unless they gave you other details already you didn't post, some airlines like Allegiant or Spirit won't interline and yet only fly to places very infrequently (maybe only a couple times weekly), so if the flight cancels and depending on where they are (they did say international) it could be a while before one is able get rebooked and out of there (especially if the limited alternate flights are already full). Of course they're likely somewhere where they could also go buy a ticket on another airline but that may be really expensive.

Not saying your student isn't a liar, but I am saying it's not out of the realm of possibility either, though my own counter-point to my own point is be responsible and not plan to come back from an international trip right before the term starts - plan to come back early enough to allow a buffer, so either way, I admittedly can't say I feel too sorry for the student especially coming off a longer break where one could easily plan to allow for a reasonable buffer in between the return from vacation and the start of the term.
Yep, went to DEN to meet friends coming in from all over the country last month. Two of the attendees had booked GSP-DEN nonstop on F9. The interstate was completely shut down heading to the airport, so they missed the flight. F9 generously (IMO, considering their reputation) offered to rebook them for free on the next flight...on Monday. Fortunately, they were able to book a walk-up fare on DL for <$300 each which worked much better since we were only going to town for the weekend.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
<groan>
thank you, but it’s no substitute for the “Official kipper Lounge “Groan!””
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

<sigh>
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Possible the student is lying and really just enjoying an extended vacation that they booked that way (through the actual first week of class) but, unless they gave you other details already you didn't post, some airlines like Allegiant or Spirit won't interline and yet only fly to places very infrequently (maybe only a couple times weekly), so if the flight cancels and depending on where they are (they did say international) it could be a while before one is able get rebooked and out of there (especially if the limited alternate flights are already full). Of course they're likely somewhere where they could also go buy a ticket on another airline but that may be really expensive.

Not saying your student isn't a liar, but I am saying it's not out of the realm of possibility either, though my own counter-point to my own point is be responsible and not plan to come back from an international trip right before the term starts - plan to come back early enough to allow a buffer, so either way, I admittedly can't say I feel too sorry for the student especially coming off a longer break where one could easily plan to allow for a reasonable buffer in between the return from vacation and the start of the term.
I'm not saying it is completely outside of the realm of possibility, but I was making the bold guess (after looking up information about cancelations for the last week).

I am curious about looking up what the flight was if I'm given that information.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike. Guess what day it is!

I've seen that commercial twice tonight.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
<sigh>
same song, second verse; a little louder, a little worse
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Oh, and...

I believe I can predict how kipper will respond to this post. Yummy!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:19 am

Yummy?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:56 am

from our several enjoyable MDT-area get-togethers in various beer-forward establishments, I'm willing to speculate that you and Mr Kipper regard me as a gentleman ... so I guess it's ok that I'm not "pun-gent" enough today

Too bad kipper didn’t find it very punny.

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Oh, and...

I believe I can predict how kipper will respond to this post. Yummy!
Delicious.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta GM

Happy Labrathorsday also!
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by JoelThomas

Happy Labrathorsday also!
LOL, I love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.