Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The crew for my 0600 flight tomorrow is operating a flight that is 1.5 hours late, so there's no way they're going to get their mandatory rest for an OTD. I wish that DL would post the delay now instead of making me wake up to it at 0400...

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Dec 30, 2018 at 6:49 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WWads
The crew for my 0600 flight tomorrow is operating a flight that is 1.5 hours late, so there's no way they're going to get their mandatory rest for an OTD. I wish that DL would post the delay now instead of making me wake up to it at 0400...
are you sure it’s the crew and not the jet? if the crew came in at, say, noon today there won’t be a problem
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767

are you sure it’s the crew and not the jet? if the crew came in at, say, noon today there won’t be a problem
It's possible, but from what I've seen BTR flights usually do quick crew turns. That's why the morning RJs are so frequently delayed.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Down here on the Gulf Coast, we have entered Dense Fog Season. I'm glad I got the family holiday visit in earlier in December because I suspect that a number of station managers down here for assorted full service airlines are currently reacquainting themselves with some of the on-call regional charter bus services.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by Zorak
There's a SFBay meetup being negotiated for Jan 4 or 6...

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour
Ah, I'm heading home on the third! Just out here for the Michigan State football game Monday.

However, I did encounter a nice FTer who held the SC elevator for me on my way out. Identified via (a well worn) FT bag tag
MarkP24 and Zorak like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Ah, I'm heading home on the third! Just out here for the Michigan State football game Monday.

However, I did encounter a nice FTer who held the SC elevator for me on my way out. Identified via (a well worn) FT bag tag
One of my coworkers is out there for the Michigan State game.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:42 am

Morning, Lounge!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by kipper
One of my coworkers is out there for the Michigan State game.
Morning!

Hopefully there are a lot of us MSU fans out here today!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will they still be MSU fans on January 3rd?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Wink the other MSU

one of my co-workers is a Montana State grad ... she had apparently worn an MSU hat or t-shirt to an office picnic over a fall weekend; I was in the LA office the following week, and at least once a day I overheard her laughing with one or another colleague about the fact that she was NOT entirely kidding when she had said the letters actually meant “Make Stuff Up”
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are other examples of university initials leading to ambiguity, such as U of M (Michigan or Minnesota, also abbreviated as UMN), PSU (Penn State versus Portland State in Oregon), IU (Indiana University in Bloomington IN or what used to be called IUP for Indiana University of Pennsylvania and before that something like Indiana State Teachers' College in Pennsylvania's state system, the one that includes Slippery Rock which is such a funny name for a place that was known for training gym teachers), and many others.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are other examples of university initials leading to ambiguity, such as U of M (Michigan or Minnesota, also abbreviated as UMN), PSU (Penn State versus Portland State in Oregon), IU (Indiana University in Bloomington IN or what used to be called IUP for Indiana University of Pennsylvania and before that something like Indiana State Teachers' College in Pennsylvania's state system, the one that includes Slippery Rock which is such a funny name for a place that was known for training gym teachers), and many others.
Ask someone from South Carolina and someone from Los Angeles what school "USC" is and you'll get different responses. Supposedly part of the reason that Ohio State is now called "THE" Ohio State University (with everyone emphasizing the "THE") was to differentiate it from the other OSU's around the country (Oklahoma State University and Oregon State University).

Of course the best university abbreviation is Fordham University

Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Morning!

Hopefully there are a lot of us MSU fans out here today!

Originally Posted by jrl767
one of my co-workers is a Montana State grad ... she had apparently worn an MSU hat or t-shirt to an office picnic over a fall weekend; I was in the LA office the following week, and at least once a day I overheard her laughing with one or another colleague about the fact that she was NOT entirely kidding when she had said the letters actually meant “Make Stuff Up”
LOL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
We always called Slippery Rock Slimy Pebble.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
.Of course the best university abbreviation is Fordham University
A friend of mine had some sweatshirts made up where, whenever he wears it, someone inevitably asks, "oh, is that St. Francis University?" (All the letters on the sweatshirt are the same size though)

I still wear a t-shirt I got years ago as a bonus for renewing an Entertainment Weekly subscription -- when people comment on it the reaction is about evenly divided between a knowing grin and "nice t-shirt" vs "where is Faber College?"

There's also the classic, Sam Houston Institute of Technology.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
A friend of mine had some sweatshirts made up where, whenever he wears it, someone inevitably asks, "oh, is that St. Francis University?" (All the letters on the sweatshirt are the same size though)

I still wear a t-shirt I got years ago as a bonus for renewing an Entertainment Weekly subscription -- when people comment on it the reaction is about evenly divided between a knowing grin and "nice t-shirt" vs "where is Faber College?"

There's also the classic, Sam Houston Institute of Technology.
LOL, Faber College... Knowledge is Good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.