Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, Lounge!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by kipper
Morning, Lounge!
Belated good morning!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
happy Thor-s day

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
happy Thor-s day

Sigh... Why am I not surprised you'd post that?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:00 am

My idea of Happy Thorsday!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unaffiliated AmEx DL fee credits expire in a few days

PSA: If you have certain AmEx cards, including the regular Plat charge card (not the DL AmEx credit cards), you may have an airline fee credit of $200 or so annually that expires on December 31st. To use it, you must designate an airline, which can be done instantly. Then during the year, AmEx gives a credit for certain airline fees that in the case of DL include SDC/SDC, seat selection fees (including premium seats and apparently C+ but NOT upgrade fees), checked bag fees, etc. up to a total of $200.

However, if you haven't yet used your credit, you can apply it toward four $50 DL gift cards purchased from the DL website on your desktop (NOT the mobile site or DL app as those gift cards are processed through some outside promoter and do not appear on your bill as DL charges, so the credit doesn't apply). They don't expire and up to three can be used online toward a ticket (but apparently not bag fees, upgrade fees, seat fees, etc.), which then earns MQDs on the full amount as well as the usual credit (minus change fees) if the ticket is changed or cancelled. You can even give all four gift cards to yourself, so it's like a free and extremely flexible $200 credit toward future DL tickets if you have the right AmEx card.

There's a big thread on this in the AmEx forum here on FT. Be sure to read the wiki and follow its instructions before doing anything. There's a convenient link to the "right" purchase page on delta.com.
Cholula, bergamini and lowmiles like this.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 28, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:49 am

Morning Lounge! Happy Friyay!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kipper
Morning Lounge! Happy Friyay!
Back at ya!

And a great weekend to everyone!
Cholula likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Calling gooselee: The Starriott forum has reverted to complaints about the lack of his relatives in hotel rooms. The discussion is making me want to sneeze.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:54 pm

Evening, Lounge! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
MarkP24 and JoelThomas like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta GM
You too, kipper!

So 9/10 times I fly, I'll check my bag. Easier not lugging it through the airport, easier boarding and deplaning, etc. And I guess I just took Delta's 20 minute guarantee for granted. On a domestic trip, I've never waited more than five minutes at the carousel.

I got to spend some time around AA's baggage claim at SFO last night. The number of people and amount of time they waited was crazy. My aunt and uncle arrived from ORD, and the first bag from the plane hit the carousel 36 minutes after parking at the gate.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:11 pm

I've been surprised that the other USA legacy carriers haven't followed DL's lead in working to get bags out fast and also convincing passengers that this will happen consistently. DL has proved that it can be done and if it were costly, DL wouldn't be doing it. My sense is that it's just a matter of willpower in that early on DL set and publicized targets for employees on this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
You too, kipper!

So 9/10 times I fly, I'll check my bag. Easier not lugging it through the airport, easier boarding and deplaning, etc. And I guess I just took Delta's 20 minute guarantee for granted. On a domestic trip, I've never waited more than five minutes at the carousel.

I got to spend some time around AA's baggage claim at SFO last night. The number of people and amount of time they waited was crazy. My aunt and uncle arrived from ORD, and the first bag from the plane hit the carousel 36 minutes after parking at the gate.
I used the Mobile Passport app on my trip back from FCO (not on Delta). I waited probably 20-30 minutes after going through immigration before the first bags hit the carousel.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
There's a SFBay meetup being negotiated for Jan 4 or 6...

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
There's a SFBay meetup being negotiated for Jan 4 or 6...

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour
Are you suggesting that some poor AA passenger will still be waiting for a checked bag on January 4th or 6th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.