Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Good morning!
Good morning backatcha! And, yes, it's still morning here on Maui.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Cholula
Good morning backatcha! And, yes, it's still morning here on Maui.
Every morning is a good morning on Maui?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I seriously do not understand the use of the question mark in kipper‘s post
(and the only time I have been to Maui was on a KOA-OGG-HNL flight in 2007)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
deleted ... dup; hit “Quote” instead of “Edit”
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Every morning is a good morning on Maui?
It depends on whether you make it to Leoda’s for breakfast and pies or not.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

I may be the only person who doesn't care for Leoda's Pies. And I'm not a big fan of sweet foods. Plus it's too far for breakfast for me. Otherwise a VERY good choice.
CarmenOM likes this.

Last edited by Cholula; Dec 11, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I may be the only person who doesn't care for Leoda's Pies. And I'm not a big fan of sweet foods. Plus it's too far for breakfast for me. Otherwise a VERY good choice.
Hello there! I miss you so much. I was away from this forums. I do not have much time. I was so extremely busy at work. I save a lot of money for the future. I won't flying for a while. I only I go on overseas flight. I visit to see my brother for one-time a year.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hello there! I miss you so much. I was away from this forums. I do not have much time. I was so extremely busy at work. I save a lot of money for the future. I won't flying for a while. I only I go on overseas flight. I visit to see my brother for one-time a year.
Miss you too, Bro'. Keep in touch.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
I'm really worried about my operational security today, I'm afraid that too many people know I'm making a trip today. What should I do? ... the horror...
mattp1987 likes this.

Last edited by Wimsta; Dec 12, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
I seriously do not understand the use of the question mark in kipper‘s post
(and the only time I have been to Maui was on a KOA-OGG-HNL flight in 2007)

I need breakfast!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Wimsta
I'm really worried about my operational security today, I'm afraid that too many people know I'm make a trip today. What should I do? ... the horror...
I don't read other threads on this forum nearly as much as I used to, but I understood this meta post. Well played

Happy Thorsday Eve to all! Flying to CO this weekend for a friend's birthday/belated wedding (they eloped) celebration. There should be plenty of beer to drink and hiking to do, and I'll re-qualify for Silver Medallion on the flight home so I can continue to carry DM's bags next year. Rolling over 20k MQMs, so I should make GM for 2020 with 15k from DL Reserve plus 15k or more from flying.
Wimsta likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Miss you too, Bro'. Keep in touch.
Thanks! I need to do post for a little bit at a time.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I don't read other threads on this forum nearly as much as I used to, but I understood this meta post. Well played

Happy Thorsday Eve to all! Flying to CO this weekend for a friend's birthday/belated wedding (they eloped) celebration. There should be plenty of beer to drink and hiking to do, and I'll re-qualify for Silver Medallion on the flight home so I can continue to carry DM's bags next year. Rolling over 20k MQMs, so I should make GM for 2020 with 15k from DL Reserve plus 15k or more from flying.
Happy Thorsday Eve!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I can respect that viewpoint, particularly from someone whose entire online identity is based around hot sauce.

I think Leoda’s also just has a ton of sentimental value for me - my wife and I served a pyramid of their pies at our wedding, along with a token cake for the traditionalists. (Their cakes are actually pretty good, too.). And we snuck out from under everyone’s noses to get chicken and waffles in the morning before the wedding preparations started, too.

I will say we had enough pie left over after the ceremony that when we were ready to head onward on our honeymoon, we were pretty much done with sweets for a while. I had preordered the free Korean Air celebration cake they offer honeymooners on our HNL-ICN segment, which turned out to be a colossal 12” eight slice affair (!!!) - most of which we ended up donating to the Hungry Flight Attendants Fund
Cholula and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:10 pm

I can respect that viewpoint, particularly from someone whose entire online identity is based around hot sauce.

I think Leoda’s also just has a ton of sentimental value for me - my wife and I served a pyramid of their pies at our wedding, along with a token cake for the traditionalists. (Their cakes are actually pretty good, too.). And we snuck out from under everyone’s noses to get chicken and waffles in the morning before the wedding preparations started, too.

I will say we had enough pie left over after the ceremony that when we were ready to head onward on our honeymoon, we were pretty much done with sweets for a while. I had preordered the free Korean Air celebration cake they offer honeymooners on our HNL-ICN segment, which turned out to be a colossal 12” eight slice affair (!!!) - most of which we ended up donating to the Hungry Flight Attendants Fund
Now I'm hungry for sweets...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.