Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm unpacked, but only for a little while ... landed ~2300 last night (0200 body time, having been in DC for 10 days); get to do a 2.5-day LAX turn next week (Mon thru Wed), and the last trip of the year (DC) 9-14 Dec

after 4.5 hrs BWI-SLC on a 738, Mrs767 and I have decided that the old cushy F seats are far more comfortable than the slimline seats (we had a two-month-old 321 for 1.5 hrs SLC-SEA)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
last trip of the year (DC) 9-14 Dec
Will be just missing you on the east coast, flying east on the 15th.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Dawned on me that I never did follow up when the original thread got "evacuated". The DM who gifted my wife into the SkyClub when she had connection issues for 8+ hours out of LAX into SLC had, in fact, paid for guesting her. My wife kept the receipt. Due to him having a pretty unique name for the neighborhood of where she said he lived, he was pretty easy to Google and I sent him a $50 DL gift card as thanks. I have been watching/listening (to varying degrees of "listening" (I'm 3/4 deaf...)) for other pax on my flights who could use a little time-out in a SkyClub but haven't found any fitting yet, so if you're having issues and a big, ugly, deaf guy asks "you ever been in a SkyClub?" it may be me.

Last edited by Cyberian; Nov 28, 2018 at 5:02 pm Reason: Syntax. It happens
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Cyberian
so if you're having issues and a big, ugly, deaf guy asks "you ever been in a SkyClub?" it may be me.
I believe that question was in the original draft of the script for "Airplane!"
Howste and Cyberian like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Made it to Diamond in my first year of flying Delta!

Was status matched from ExP on AA to PM last year and haven't looked back. Anything I should be expecting from a DM besides being able to FINALLY board before those pesky GM's that like to push and shove during SKY boarding?
Unfortunately fewer of your phone calls will be answered by Chisholm. OTOH, you can pick GUCs (and/or RUCs too) as a choice benefit.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Today is my Friday, AKA...

Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by Howste
Enjoy the Sky Clubs and higher upgrade priority.
Already had access to the SkyClubs because of my Amex Platinum. So that's a wash. Though I guess this will give me guest access but on the other hand, I never have guests with me when I travel unless I am going international which gives us access anyway. So I am actually trying to rack my brain on which benefits to choose.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unfortunately fewer of your phone calls will be answered by Chisholm. OTOH, you can pick GUCs (and/or RUCs too) as a choice benefit.
This still kills me. Why keep your best call center from your best customers?

I called in today and the agent identified herself as such and such “from Minneapolis”, and it was the best call I’ve had in ages - she got two tickets reissued in under ten minutes, which has to be a new land speed record.

I would seriously spend a choice benefit on “calls are always answered by HIBRES”.
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Already had access to the SkyClubs because of my Amex Platinum. So that's a wash. Though I guess this will give me guest access but on the other hand, I never have guests with me when I travel unless I am going international which gives us access anyway. So I am actually trying to rack my brain on which benefits to choose.
Same - Amex Platinum makes more sense in the new world where SkyClub membership confers zero additional privileges (no AFKL access, no access when flying other airlines). My solution here has been to take the 25k mile bonus twice, which I value slightly more than the $200 gift card. I think of it as an extra two limited GUCs to be spent on upgrading Virgin Premium Economy to Upper Class.

Or as 28 glasses of Dom in the Sky Club.
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Zorak
PM doesn't board before GM.
True, but PM has much greater upgrade percentages on domestic, which moves you from sky to prem.
Also, when GM's see you are PM, they bow down and step aside so you can move forward in the gate lice line.

Originally Posted by kipper
Sure you can. Name them dinner.
It happens. I've known backyard chicken keepers who give their individual chickens names like nugget, snack, dinner, kiev, and caccitore.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Also, when GM's see you are PM, they bow down and step aside so you can move forward in the gate lice line.
NOT true at all in my experience (not that I necessarily deserved it while a PM). GMs are incredibly pushy and made their way to the front of the SKY gate lice line or area.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy post-Thorsday!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy SATurday Lounge. Woke up to pleasing news this morning that my wait-listed RUC cleared almost two months in advance for a trip in late January so that was a nice surprise. About makes up for the oh-so-wonderful experience that was flying UA yesterday (was forced to fly UA, was not by choice). The only plus to UA paws that I was able to access the United Lounge at LAX as they let military traveling on orders into their lounge and UA does have a nice lounge at LAX. On AA next week. I usually have okay experiences with AA so while it’ll be frustrating flying as kettle again for the second week, hopefully it’ll go a little better than my UA experience but we shall see.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​​Let me know if you'd like to have a Lounge meetup!
Will do. Unfortunately it has to be a quick turn (mostly doing this for the train), but I may have some time.

In other news, the Amtrak club at WAS finally has new furniture. Still crappy snacks, but those couches were 90s vintage.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Happy SATurday Lounge. Woke up to pleasing news this morning that my wait-listed RUC cleared almost two months in advance for a trip in late January so that was a nice surprise. About makes up for the oh-so-wonderful experience that was flying UA yesterday (was forced to fly UA, was not by choice). The only plus to UA paws that I was able to access the United Lounge at LAX as they let military traveling on orders into their lounge and UA does have a nice lounge at LAX. On AA next week. I usually have okay experiences with AA so while it’ll be frustrating flying as kettle again for the second week, hopefully it’ll go a little better than my UA experience but we shall see.
Next week will be my first TDY out of SAT (excluding SOS which I drove for), so I haven't spent much time analyzing the City Pair routes. However, I had lunch with a friend today who has been traveling quite a bit, and he told me he went from UA Silver last year traveling from COS to AA Plat (Gold in any other system) flying from SAT. Sounds like most routes out of SAT are on AA, so you might want to look into matching there if you're going to be traveling a good amount.

I was able to get SAT-CSG-MDW-SAT all on DL for next week's trip. As an FO, I'm hoping for C+ on one of two of the four flights on real planes (two are on the Devil's Chariot). I'll requalify for FO next year, and I should be able to make GM for 2020 with rollover plus DL Reserve spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.