Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkP24
That sounds like fun. Enjoy and safe travels!
It is for sure fun so far. I have 12 hours to go, but I don't want it to end. Except for a lack of storage space, the D1 Suite is pretty perfect.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I was trying to figure out a way to put "Thor" into Friday and came up empty..
Well yesterday was Thorsgiving, so Happy Black Freya-day to the Lounge! Today I hiked out to Plateau Point and back. Currently celebrating with a Grand Canyon Brewing "Black Iron" IPA.

miraclebear2003 and TheHorta like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Well yesterday was Thorsgiving, so Happy Black Freya-day to the Lounge! Today I hiked out to Plateau Point and back. Currently celebrating with a Grand Canyon Brewing "Black Iron" IPA.

Very nice!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Thanksgiving and Thorsgiving to all. We both had to work yesterday, so we'll be making Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow on SATurday. We didn't want to cook a turkey just for the two of us, so we bought a chicken from a friend's farm. I'm looking forward to it.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
We didn't want to cook a turkey just for the two of us, so we bought a chicken from a friend's farm. I'm looking forward to it.
it's nice of you to invite it over but I don't think a chicken is going to want to eat turkey.

MSPeconomist and MarkP24 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Happy Thanksgiving and Thorsgiving to all. We both had to work yesterday, so we'll be making Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow on SATurday. We didn't want to cook a turkey just for the two of us, so we bought a chicken from a friend's farm. I'm looking forward to it.
Did the chicken sit on the seat next to you for the drive home, like TheHorta's turkey did?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

it's nice of you to invite it over but I don't think a chicken is going to want to eat turkey.

Hopefully the chicken will enjoy it.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did the chicken sit on the seat next to you for the drive home, like TheHorta's turkey did?
Not quite that fresh although I did find this exchange between my wife and her friend pretty amusing.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:21 pm

I understand about not wanting to cook a turkey for two people.

Not quite that fresh although I did find this exchange between my wife and her friend pretty amusing.
LOL, I love it!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bergamini
It is for sure fun so far. I have 12 hours to go, but I don't want it to end. Except for a lack of storage space, the D1 Suite is pretty perfect.
So I've heard. I can't wait to try it out myself. Enjoy
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

We bought turkey parts for our smaller family, and all enjoyed it. I think the best of all worlds.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I’m the only passenger in the CVG SC rn. Probably doesn’t help that the sign says the club closes at 1900. The CVG club normally closes 30 min before the last departure, which is 2130 to DCA tonight.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
The chickens will gobble up the left over turkey. They're omnivores (and, for that matter, they're dinosaurs). Heck, they'll happily eat chicken.

Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The chickens will gobble up the left over turkey. They're omnivores (and, for that matter, they're dinosaurs). Heck, they'll happily eat chicken.

It's nice to see you here. Do you still have a flock?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:44 pm

Your chickens are cannibals? Interesting...
Gargoyle likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:22 pm

I'm treating myself to a late-ish dinner at Harris Ranch after slogging through hellacious holiday traffic from LV to CA.

A long time ago I had a job where we frequently took lunch in a neighboring park and I took perverse pleasure in feeding chunks of chicken from a burrito to the pigeons, who couldn't have cared less
Gargoyle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.