Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a purpose in seating nonrevs in exit rows IF IF IF the nonrev is a FA or pilot as they would be very familiar with emergency procedures such as how to open emergency exits and help others to evacuate the aircraft. This is even more true if the deadheading or offduty crew are wearing DL uniforms. OTOH, other NRSAs (buddy pass riders etc.) should get the least desirable seats, although this might not be explicit policy. It's good for DL's business to treat its paying customers well when there's a choice between such passengers and DL friends and family.

Interesting perspective MSP, thank you. All the FAs (and I am assuming they were FAs as they had crew bag tags) were dressed in street clothes. And there were 8 of them IIRC.

Oh, and the answer is meatballs, always meatballs.

PS. Made with 1/3 beef, 1/3 pork 1/3 sausage and just the tiniest bit of breadcrumbs and spices. Dang, now I'm hungry.

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 1, 2019 at 4:02 pm
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is ground hog the same as ground groundhog?
do you have grounds to suspect so?

Originally Posted by navi_jen
...Oh, and the answer is meatballs, always meatballs.
PS. Made with 1/3 beef, 1/3 pork 1/3 sausage and just the tiniest bit of breadcrumbs and spices. Dang, now I'm hungry.
easy on the bread crumbs I will agree with, but just the tiniest bit of spices too? we're rather liberal with the oregano and garlic powder, a bit less so with white pepper ... we also favor turkey over beef
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
do you have grounds to suspect so?

easy on the bread crumbs I will agree with, but just the tiniest bit of spices too? we're rather liberal with the oregano and garlic powder, a bit less so with white pepper ... we also favor turkey over beef
*sigh*

I use 1/2 beef 1/2 sausage, although I could see 1/3 beef, 1/3 sausage, and 1/3 pork. I'm pretty heavy-handed with the garlic. If I can't ward off vampires, it doesn't have enough garlic.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I like mine natural: just good qualify ground beef, preferably low fat, nothing else and no spices, thick and grilled very rare, served on a toasted English muffin. No ground hog, ground groundhog or even "ground" mystery meat in the mix.

I still want to see Phil splayed and roasted at a very high temperature. It's OK with me if the pelt is removed first, and better yet if the pelt is removed or at least shaved before he's tossed into a nice big cold snowbank.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I'm pretty heavy-handed with the garlic. If I can't ward off vampires, it doesn't have enough garlic.
Kipper, I knew there was a reason we would get along. A friend of mine used to host an annual Garlic Festival cookoff (awarding a prize for for the tasiest, and most garlick-ly, submission) and I won more than once
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:15 pm

nice big cold snowbank.
Speaking of this, MSP and Kipper, kindly leave the snow in your backyards please. I am not ready for another 6 inches tomorrow. Although fresh powder does wear out the Pup, so at least there is 1 upside.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OK, I get it: wearing out the Pup is good. Does it have little booties for the ice/snow/salt/chemicals? How about a warm winter coat, or is your fur baby sufficiently furry for Boston winters?

BTW, you can have the four inches we got this afternoon. I won't ask for anything in return. It's fluffy and rather pretty if you're inside.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:20 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I like mine natural: just good qualify ground beef, preferably low fat, nothing else and no spices, thick and grilled very rare, served on a toasted English muffin. No ground hog, ground groundhog or even "ground" mystery meat in the mix.

I still want to see Phil splayed and roasted at a very high temperature. It's OK with me if the pelt is removed first, and better yet if the pelt is removed or at least shaved before he's tossed into a nice big cold snowbank.
On an English muffin?
Kipper, I knew there was a reason we would get along. A friend of mine used to host an annual Garlic Festival cookoff (awarding a prize for for the tasiest, and most garlick-ly, submission) and I won more than once
LOL, I need more garlic as I'm fighting a sore throat and that will make anything better. My family used to joke that Polish kielbasa was Polish penicillin because of the garlic in it.
Speaking of this, MSP and Kipper, kindly leave the snow in your backyards please. I am not ready for another 6 inches tomorrow. Although fresh powder does wear out the Pup, so at least there is 1 upside.
We're supposed to see another inch or two tonight, and the first call on Sunday's storm is anywhere from 3-10 inches. I hate snow.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:41 pm

LOL, I need more garlic as I'm fighting a sore throat and that will make anything better. My family used to joke that Polish kielbasa was Polish penicillin because of the garlic in it.
Try Ina Garten's Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. Wonderful, especially if you use thighs and brown them well. Hope you feel better soon!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1944216
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:43 pm

Are there vampires in this thread?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
*sigh*

I use 1/2 beef 1/2 sausage, although I could see 1/3 beef, 1/3 sausage, and 1/3 pork. I'm pretty heavy-handed with the garlic. If I can't ward off vampires, it doesn't have enough garlic.
Dwight Schrute:If a vampire-bat was in the U.S. It would make sense for it to come to a ‘sylvania.’ Like Pennsylvania. Now that doesn’t mean that Jim’s gonna become a vampire, only that he carries that vampiric germ.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:30 am

Good news Saturday morning: I just learned that yesterday's afternoon snowstorm gave us more like 6" and not the 4" I had previously thought. Official airport measurement was 5.9". The weather critters on the local morning news are making a big deal about the observation that IF March 1st were considered to be part of February (which would only seem fair, since even then February would still be the shortest month at 29 days), then February 2019 (plus the additional day) would be the third snowiest month ever here. The total is about forty inches, which is more snow that we've had in some entire recent winters. Yes, I'm bitter, and it's bitterly cold again too.

Now, where's that groundhog? I need to have a stern discussion with Phil.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:12 am

Good news Saturday morning: I just learned that yesterday's afternoon snowstorm gave us more like 6" and not the 4" I had previously thought. Official airport measurement was 5.9". The weather critters on the local morning news are making a big deal about the observation that IF March 1st were considered to be part of February (which would only seem fair, since even then February would still be the shortest month at 29 days), then February 2019 (plus the additional day) would be the third snowiest month ever here. The total is about forty inches, which is more snow that we've had in some entire recent winters. Yes, I'm bitter, and it's bitterly cold again too.

Now, where's that groundhog? I need to have a stern discussion with Phil.
MSP, would it help to get away somewhere warm, even for a long weekend? I popped down to Grand Cayman for a weekend a few years ago, it did wonders for me. Just a thought.

And, if it helps, only 19 days until spring!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:18 am

I did leave the country for about a week in January and I've been thinking about a sudden weekend or long weekend someplace warm, although I'm not generally a beach resort person so something like Grand Cayman doesn't seem very appealing to me. The problem is that I've been having trouble finding a weekend that works for me, and all the rescheduling I've been experiencing due to these snow events isn't helping. Now that we're entering spring break season, I suspect that some of the warm weather destinations will be packed with undesirables.

I usually do escape for a week or so in March, although I don't have that pinned down yet either.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:23 am

I did leave the country for about a week in January and I've been thinking about a sudden weekend or long weekend someplace warm, although I'm not generally a beach resort person so something like Grand Cayman doesn't seem very appealing to me. The problem is that I've been having trouble finding a weekend that works for me, and all the rescheduling I've been experiencing due to these snow events isn't helping. Now that we're entering spring break season, I suspect that some of the warm weather destinations will be packed with undesirables.

I usually do escape for a week or so in March, although I don't have that pinned down yet either.
Best of luck, I hope you can get away from both work and snow...somehow, somewhere. All of us that live in snowy climes need that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.