Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry and glad to hear that you seem to be doing OK.

To me right now, anywhere that isn't extremely cold and/or snowy sounds wonderful, although a hospital isn't what I have in mind.
davetravels and MarkP24 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:59 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
4 minutes and I'm out of here...
I was headed home by then.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me right now, anywhere that isn't extremely cold and/or snowy sounds wonderful,.
It was so cold in San Antonio today that I *almost* put my jacket on while walking from the car into the office this morning.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
It was so cold in San Antonio today that I *almost* put my jacket on while walking from the car into the office this morning.
Oh, that would've been horrible for you.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Oh, that would've been horrible for you.
I’m sure our northern friends dealing with snow will be laughing when it’s 100+ deg and 90% humidity in Texas in July and August (though I’d personally rather deal with the heat than cold and snow, even high humidity heat).
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
* * S I G H ! * *

A friend just texted me from the upper deck (in Y) on a LH A380 about to depart LAX for FRA, continuing on to IST.

Another friend is in LA tonight enroute to HKG tomorrow, then the next day on to DPS.

I'm at home in PIT, after having spent 3 days last week in the hospital with absolute ZERO desire to go ANYWHERE!. <Thanking you in advance for not asking for details - I'm fine, at the moment>

* * S I G H ! * *

Oh, I missed the memo, didn't realize we were keeping you notified -- I'm writing this from somewhere over Russia on a TPAC

Hope you feel better soon!
davetravels likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

MAEN!

You should know that in most cases I will deliberately misinterpret anything for my own amusement.
Enjoy! I got a kick out of it too!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
* * S I G H ! * *

A friend just texted me from the upper deck (in Y) on a LH A380 about to depart LAX for FRA, continuing on to IST.

Another friend is in LA tonight enroute to HKG tomorrow, then the next day on to DPS.

I'm at home in PIT, after having spent 3 days last week in the hospital with absolute ZERO desire to go ANYWHERE!. <Thanking you in advance for not asking for details - I'm fine, at the moment>

* * S I G H ! * *

Glad that you're OK!
davetravels likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

I’m sure our northern friends dealing with snow will be laughing when it’s 100+ deg and 90% humidity in Texas in July and August (though I’d personally rather deal with the heat than cold and snow, even high humidity heat).
We'll see temperatures in the 90s with high humidity too.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Didn't you arrive at least four minutes early this morning?
Of course! I was here at least 20 minutes early yesterday. Today I was 22 minutes early. I always leave home early as a contingency plan for weather, stupid drivers, and unexpected other events that might make me late.

Happy Thorsday Eve!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:37 am

MAEN!

Of course! I was here at least 20 minutes early yesterday. Today I was 22 minutes early. I always leave home early as a contingency plan for weather, stupid drivers, and unexpected other events that might make me late.

Happy Thorsday Eve!
Always good practice
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:06 am

MAEN!

Happy Thorsday Eve!
Happy Thorsday Eve! I was to work almost an hour early this morning. I met a friend for breakfast and when we left, I just headed to work. So tired now.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well I have been in the south for 7 months now. I am still fixin to learn how to use "I will be fixin' to--" in the correct context. IIRC Thomas Hudson was a good old southern boy. Pity, he could have taught me.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well I have been in the south for 7 months now. I am still fixin to learn how to use "I will be fixin' to--" in the correct context. IIRC Thomas Hudson was a good old southern boy. Pity, he could have taught me.
I've been in The South and South-adjacent for 20+ years at this point, and I still hold that while I find 'y'all' is actually a very useful phrase, and 'bless their heart' is so wonderfully passive-aggressive when you're doing it right, I want to never ever find myself falling into the 'fixin' to' speech pattern.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... If you want a "big red bear" winery, go to Frog's Leap (early leader in organic/sustainable operations) in the main part of Napa (Oakville and close to the main road in the valley IIRC) or HLR (Heller Family Vineyards) way up a dirt road from Calistoga.

Jordan does impressive (and somewhat expensive) library tastings ...
Originally Posted by kipper
I suggest Darioush as a winery to visit.
IIRC this one is vaguely on the east side of Napa Valley, on the east side of the road and not far from Stag's Leap (the original one, I know the label but can never remember the spelling) and Pine Ridge. It's supposedly wonderful (and expensive), but I've never been able to get an appointment there.

Not in the same category, but I like Clos Pegas in Calistoga partly due to its sculpture collection. ... Mantazas Creek is also good ...
we kept to Sonoma ... consensus was that it was not worth driving over to Napa in 4” with flood warnings abounding

yesterday’s stops were at Cline and Jacuzzi (their sister operation across the road); this morning — well, more accurately, closer to noon — we went to the Adobe Road tasting room which is about five minutes’ walk from where we were staying in Petaluma

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.