Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread Everybody is Still Welcome!

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread Everybody is Still Welcome!

Reply

Old Feb 5, 19, 10:22 pm
  #961  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 79,617
For those who know MSP: Tonight in the snow, I noticed that flights arriving at MSP were landing by flying very low over Lake Nokomis, which would be from the northwest and then a bit later apparently from the west, flying very low from west to east along a path between and parallel to I-494 and Highway 62. I assume that this way a method to close a runway and use another one while the first one was being plowed, but it still surprised me to see what I thought were somewhat unusual flight paths that also looked very low. Does this make sense?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 19, 10:38 pm
  #962  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by navi_jen View Post
Any good stories?
Let's start with fingers... Broke an index finger playing catcher in a pick-up game of softball. I took a bat to the hand. Broke a pinky playing football with Penn State football players one summer. Not on the play where I broke my finger, but before that, I was the one that turned the flag football game into a game of tackle football. I tackled one of the PSU football players, and once they figured out I was fine with it, we then moved to tackle football. That was the same game that another friend got a broken nose. His healed faster than my injury, as the campus med center didn't set mine correctly, so the ortho needed to re-set it.

Other broken bones:
  • Right foot, falling down two steps (had surgery to fix it)
  • Other index finger, slammed it in a car door
  • Kneecap, fell on a wet concrete floor
  • Nose: Empress Cobaka head-butted me
This only covers broken bones, not sprains. Sprains are another story, and I can blame Empress Cobaka for some of those too.

Last edited by kipper; Feb 5, 19 at 10:44 pm
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 19, 11:04 pm
  #963  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 79,617
You seem to have a very dangerous dog. However, the big question in my mind is *why* you would apparently voluntarily play (tackle) football with the PSU football team. Did you expect to win or at least lose without damage? I can't recall a period when PSU had a sufficiently bad team that playing with them would have been a good idea. Was this some crazy drunken bet or a sorority initiation stunt?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 19, 11:16 pm
  #964  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
You seem to have a very dangerous dog. However, the big question in my mind is *why* you would apparently voluntarily play (tackle) football with the PSU football team. Did you expect to win or at least lose without damage? I can't recall a period when PSU had a sufficiently bad team that playing with them would have been a good idea. Was this some crazy drunken bet or a sorority initiation stunt?
LOL, Empress Cobaka can be very dangerous.

I was young and stupid when I played tackle football with PSU football players? It wasn't a drunken bet or sorority initiation stunt. The friend who suffered the broken nose invited me, saying it was flag football. I decided they were being too gentle in playing because I was playing.
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:06 am
  #965  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Happy Thorsday Eve!
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:03 pm
  #966  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,021


I got to ride in the cockpit of the company King Air E90 and bonus ball -there was an Apache ready to take off too
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 3:32 pm
  #967  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post


I got to ride in the cockpit of the company King Air E90 and bonus ball -there was an Apache ready to take off too
Very cool!!!
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 19, 8:15 pm
  #968  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Posts: 1,339
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Let's start with fingers... Broke an index finger playing catcher in a pick-up game of softball. I took a bat to the hand. Broke a pinky playing football with Penn State football players one summer. Not on the play where I broke my finger, but before that, I was the one that turned the flag football game into a game of tackle football. I tackled one of the PSU football players, and once they figured out I was fine with it, we then moved to tackle football. That was the same game that another friend got a broken nose. His healed faster than my injury, as the campus med center didn't set mine correctly, so the ortho needed to re-set it.

Other broken bones:
  • Right foot, falling down two steps (had surgery to fix it)
  • Other index finger, slammed it in a car door
  • Kneecap, fell on a wet concrete floor
  • Nose: Empress Cobaka head-butted me
This only covers broken bones, not sprains. Sprains are another story, and I can blame Empress Cobaka for some of those too.
Sounds like you're a frequent flier at the Dr./ ER!
MarkP24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:09 am
  #969  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by MarkP24 View Post
Sounds like you're a frequent flier at the Dr./ ER!
I had been. Although, in fairness, the softball injury was when I was elementary school, the car door incident was in middle school, and the right foot and pinky injuries were in college. Only the kneecap was after turning 21.
MarkP24 likes this.
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:10 am
  #970  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786


Happy Thorsday, Lounge!
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:37 am
  #971  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,021
Originally Posted by kipper View Post


Happy Thorsday, Lounge!
May I ask an obvious question - or should I say a question with an obvious answer? Do you-kipper, and any other female members of the lounge think Thor is hot?
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 8:15 am
  #972  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
May I ask an obvious question - or should I say a question with an obvious answer? Do you-kipper, and any other female members of the lounge think Thor is hot?
You may ask a question. You have permission.
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 8:30 am
  #973  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,603
Some guys might find him hot too not my type though
davetravels likes this.
Zorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 9:16 am
  #974  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,021
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
You may ask a question. You have permission.
Does that mean you are taking the fifth?
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 19, 10:42 am
  #975  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 37,786
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
Does that mean you are taking the fifth?
No, it just means that I was answering the question you asked.
kipper is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread