FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1937449-delta-forum-lounge-thread-everybody-still-welcome-2018-2021-a.html)

mattp1987 Oct 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Wow, I come back from vacation and the Lounge has moved! What is this insanity? First day back at work today was rough after 10 days in Hawaii.

kipper Oct 30, 2018 1:20 am

Originally Posted by BenA (Post 30369251)

Same - I would occasionally pop into the old one to listen in, but catching up on all the conversation felt too daunting. Maybe I’ll actually manage to keep up this time around!

You must read the old one first! YoullY find a lot of puns and groans.

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 30370951)
There were two box turtles getting it on in my driveway this morning. I did not take pictures to share, lest I offend tender sensibilities here.

How do you know they were box turtles? Were they in a box?

kipper Oct 30, 2018 1:24 am

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cd2109272c.jpg
Our flight home today. They're asking for donations in exchange for a photo with the plane.

MarkP24 Oct 30, 2018 5:17 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987 (Post 30371218)
Wow, I come back from vacation and the Lounge has moved! What is this insanity? First day back at work today was rough after 10 days in Hawaii.

Welcome back. It can be a tough adjustment (work after Hawaii vacation; not the new lounge thread :))

MarkP24 Oct 30, 2018 5:18 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 30371722)
Our flight home today. They're asking for donations in exchange for a photo with the plane.

Very neat!

Howste Oct 30, 2018 6:36 am

MAEN!

There were two box turtles getting it on in my driveway this morning. I did not take pictures to share, lest I offend tender sensibilities here.

Were they having a shellabration? Turtley awesome!

MSPeconomist Oct 30, 2018 6:49 am

Tender? Turtle soup for you. Or were they being sweet and romantic with each other, like true love?

beachmouse Oct 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30372428)
Tender? Turtle soup for you. Or were they being sweet and romantic with each other, like true love?

One of them is a regular in our yard that we enjoy seeing hang out on the sidewalk, and we're thrilled that they seem to have made a love connection.

MSPeconomist Oct 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Maybe the regular will return to show off the children. How do you feel about being grandparents to slow critters with hard shells?

beachmouse Oct 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30375310)
Maybe the regular will return to show off the children. How do you feel about being grandparents to slow critters with hard shells?

Since they're some of the more benign wildlife in town (yes, there are gators in the golf course lakes and ponds- it is Florida after all) , it works for me

mattp1987 Oct 31, 2018 5:33 am

Happy Halloween to all the Lounge ghouls.

Howste Oct 31, 2018 6:46 am

MAEN!

For some reason everyone in my group is dressed like tacky tourists today. Maybe because it's Thorsday eve?

CarmenOM Oct 31, 2018 7:30 am

Glad to see this new thread; it feels more open to all. I felt that the old one had become a small circle of insiders.

I write from Devizes, England, taking a rest day after 4 days of a 6-day walk along the Kennet and Avon Canal between Reading and Bath. This is my 8th long-distance walk in Europe and the latest in the year I’ve ever done. It gets dark much too early!

MSPeconomist Oct 31, 2018 7:41 am

It gets dark much too early here too, and it will get worse after the weekend when DST goes into effect.

Zorak Oct 31, 2018 9:07 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 30376688)
Glad to see this new thread; it feels more open to all. I felt that the old one had become a small circle of insiders.

I understand that it can feel intimidating to some, if it feels like there are a lot of old timers and regulars with dense inside jokes etc. but the old thread was just as open as this one -- it's in the title! :)

I encourage people to just jump in. It's how I got started in the Lounge 3+ years ago, and some of the OMNI threads etc. We don't bite! Except maybe Howste if he hasn't been fed recently.