Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
Last night and today were a few firsts for me. Last night was my first ride in an ambulance and my first time getting onto the PA Turnpike via a service entrance. Today was my first visit to the local ER and the first time I'm wearing an orthopedic boot.
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your injury isn't too serious and just requires time to heal.

One of the first things I learned as an EMT was that the only thing worse than being in the back of an ambulance as an EMT was being the patient. It's not a place designed for patient comfort.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ugh, sorry to hear that :/

hope you recover w/o issues or complications
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Wishing you a speedy recovery, kipper!

Happy Friday to all! I just woke up from a nap so I can stay up for playoff baseball tonight. 10:37pm first pitch is a bit late.

Now I’m off for a run on this lovely 16 degree afternoon. Have to enjoy the weather while it lasts! They’re calling for a low of 0 on Sunday night which will be the first freeze of the year. I’m glad I got our moving boxes out of the garage so we can park both cars in there.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Last night and today were a few firsts for me. Last night was my first ride in an ambulance and my first time getting onto the PA Turnpike via a service entrance. Today was my first visit to the local ER and the first time I'm wearing an orthopedic boot.
get well soon!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Get well soon kipper!

-J.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Uneventful recovery!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your injury isn't too serious and just requires time to heal.

One of the first things I learned as an EMT was that the only thing worse than being in the back of an ambulance as an EMT was being the patient. It's not a place designed for patient comfort.
Thanks!

I would agree with that.
Originally Posted by jrl767
ugh, sorry to hear that :/

hope you recover w/o issues or complications
Thanks!
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Wishing you a speedy recovery, kipper!

Happy Friday to all! I just woke up from a nap so I can stay up for playoff baseball tonight. 10:37pm first pitch is a bit late.

Now I’m off for a run on this lovely 16 degree afternoon. Have to enjoy the weather while it lasts! They’re calling for a low of 0 on Sunday night which will be the first freeze of the year. I’m glad I got our moving boxes out of the garage so we can park both cars in there.
Thanks! Yay for cleaning out the garage!
Originally Posted by Zorak
get well soon!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Uneventful recovery!
Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Yikes kipper, sorry to hear about that
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
a couple observations from my first UA flight in 5+ years

1- I can’t remember the last time I saw an actual magazine in a seat pocket

2- the whiskey is Jack Daniel’s, but the bourbon is Buffalo Trace

for whatever reason, I thought 1030am was too early to ask for a BT — even a mini to go
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
for whatever reason, I thought 1030am was too early to ask for a BT — even a mini to go
Don't you know by now that there are no rules when you enter an airport? There is no problem with drinking at a bar at 7am, or getting a double BT at 10:30.

-J.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

coming off a redeye, my general rule is “nothing on the second flight unless it’s of equal or greater duration”

that said, an hour or so along the drive from Rochester to Ithaca, I stopped at Liquid State Brewing Co

left to right:
-Festbier
-Sonic (73 IBU) <far and away my favorite>
-Liquid Crush (30 IBU)
-Local Vibe (22 IBU)

on another amusing note, the bar in the Rochester airport is called, rather unsurprisingly, “On the ROCs” 🥃🥃
GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I despise the ROC airport. Nothing especially wrong with it, just brings back bad memories.

Though if it weren't for the .... show operation that was Northwest AirLink there, I never would have started flying Delta.

-J.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure if I should post this in this thread, the thread, or the bugger thread. I am in big, big trouble. I have found a beer store about 15 minutes from me and their selection is vast. Picked up a 6-pack of Ommegang Nirvana and another of Flying Dog Raging ..... IPAs to get started. They have like six or seven varieties of Flying Dog, and they even have the Victory variety pack. I have a bad feeling I'm going to spend a lot of time there in the future.

-J.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
What is the thread?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
What is the thread?
It's a Lounge-ish thread in OMNI (that has a small amount of membership overlap with this thread...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.