Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
aw, c'mon, kipper ... what happened to stacking quotes in a single post with a "Groan!" after each ?

(I know, you've groan tired of all the copy/paste steps)
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by El Boocho
He'd need a couple coops to keep me gaining. To steal another Simpsons reference, I think my best bet is to stick with the "wonderful magical animal," aka the pig.
Or to paraphrase Burgess Merideth's character in Grumpy Old Men, "Bacon for breakfast, bacon sandwich for lunch, and for a snack, a whole damn plate of bacon, and then I drink my dinner"
To quote some famous chef:

"Everything's better with bacon."

Aren't there some bacon flavored drinks (cocktails, but maybe there's a brewery that does a bacon beer)?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Epic Smokehouse in Pentagon City serves (well, they did the last time I was there in late 2019) their Old Fashioned with a candied bacon stirrer
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Epic Smokehouse in Pentagon City serves (well, they did the last time I was there in late 2019) their Old Fashioned with a candied bacon stirrer
That would go well with bacon brushed with maple syrup and grilled on a stick, which I've had at cocktail receptions.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Aren't there some bacon flavored drinks (cocktails, but maybe there's a brewery that does a bacon beer)?
Mmm, bacon.
Yummy
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, 'Pork Soda'
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Guess I missed everyone today -- was in transit.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Zorak
Guess I missed everyone today -- was in transit.
You were missed. It was a nice interlude. A variety of subjects.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

-J.
beachmouse and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Whenever I’m at a restaurant and want to add Bacon to my sandwich or burger and it’s $0.99 to add bacon, and then sales tax rate is 6%, it means it’s $1.05 to add bacon and I think “Freedom costs a buck-o-five”. (my “Team America” move reference ).
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Wheneveru I’m at a restaurant and want to add Bacon to my sandwich or burger and it’s $0.99 to add bacon, and then sales tax rate is 6%, it means it’s $1.05 to add bacon and I think “Freedom costs a buck-o-five”. (my “Team America” move reference ).
lol. Would be $2.20 here. A couple of days ago I was apparently mindlessly humming the theme song from that movie. My wife looked at me weird and asked were you just humming the Team America song? My response: f-yeah (naturally). She doesn’t think I’m funny...
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:05 am

Morning and Happy Friyay!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning and Happy Friyay!!!!
Happy Friyay!
Sorry you missed last night - I mentioned you and your major groan.

I told everyone that as you read through the posts, your groans got more intense and the result was the major GROAN that was reminiscent of the scene in Katz's deli in "When Harry met Sally"
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Happy Friyay!
Sorry you missed last night - I mentioned you and your major groan.

I told everyone that as you read through the posts, your groans got more intense and the result was the major GROAN that was reminiscent of the scene in Katz's deli in "When Harry met Sally"
LOL!

I was out at a local brewery with friends.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hootie may not be out of a job so quickly after all. There are twigs under the chair on my balcony, but I have seen no birds today.

SuperG1955 suggested that I invest in some rubber snakes. They will be arriving later today.

-J.
SuperG1955 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.