Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Mar 10, 21, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I think that scenario was mentioned on a recent Lounge Zoom. Brings to mind the "King-Size Homer" episode of the Simpsons...
Yes, hence the obscure hat reference. Figured someone would get it. "I can feel three kinds of softness." That episode was a classic
Old Mar 10, 21, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.3MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
I got the Moderna one as well. I am especially pleased since I bought several shares of them last March

The next day sucks I have a headache, it hurts to move my arm, and I am exhausted. I know it could be a lot worse, but it still isn't fun.

Now there is a pigeon on my balcony. I am not sure if it's mocking me. I may try and drum up some more energy to go outside and scare it off. They are not afraid of Hootie anymore I guess.

-J.
-J. Make up your mind. Do you have mocking bird issues or pigeon problems. Anyway since they don't seem to give a hoot about Hootie, it's time to move on to other methods. Here are a few that you can google for details: Bird wire, wire coils, Slinky's or a shock track system for your balcony railing. Anti-perching spikes. CD's or other shiny, moving objects.

Also, since you can trade the eggs or nests with a Chinese restaurant, how about capturing the birds and swapping them for fancy diners at a French restaurant. You can also hone your own culinary skills. Just google pigeon recipes.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 10, 21, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried an old fashioned scarecrow as a new improved version of Hootie? It sounds like he's destined to become a house-pet and companion to Squeak.
Old Mar 10, 21, 3:31 pm

Quick newb question!
I don't fly delta a lot, but recently booked a skymiles ticket using amex-->SM.
I have skyteam elite status on Alitalia (Ulisse).

The skymiles award is for domestic US in main cabin.
What, if any, benefits will I receive being skyteam elite?
My main interest is regarding baggage allowance and preferred seats, but curious about any other benefits too.
I called DL and 2 agents gave me 2 different answers!

Thanks for any replies!
-Surgee
Old Mar 10, 21, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Think I have both -- a mocking pigeon problem. And then I caught two of them going at it under my chairs. I really don't want another egg... there are no good French restaurants around here.

-J.
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Nest and egg >>> Chinese or similar restaurant

Pigeon (whole or breast/thigh/leg/wing) >>> French restaurant.

Specialization!
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Quick newb question!
Welcome to the lounge. Someone here can likely advise, but I think you'll get more responses if you post a new thread in the main Delta forum. I'd start with this though: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...yteam-benefits => then click on "View Skyteam Elite and Elite Plus Benefits"
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:25 pm

MN only requires BMI > 30 for vaccine priority, and eligibility starting today.
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Starting today, anyone aged 60+ in NY can schedule an appointment. Luckily they have added extra appointments to compensate.

-J.
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.3MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Surgee View Post
Quick newb question!
I don't fly delta a lot, but recently booked a skymiles ticket using amex-->SM.
I have skyteam elite status on Alitalia (Ulisse).
The skymiles award is for domestic US in main cabin.
What, if any, benefits will I receive being skyteam elite?
My main interest is regarding baggage allowance and preferred seats, but curious about any other benefits too.
I called DL and 2 agents gave me 2 different answers!

Thanks for any replies!
-Surgee
According to DL's web site, https://www.delta.com/us/en/check-in...y/sky-priority ,
Access to and use of Delta SkyPriority® services are reserved for Delta One®, Delta Premium Select and First Class passengers, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion® Members, and SkyTeam® Elite Plus members on all Delta and Delta Connection® flights.
SkyTeam Elite are not entitled to any SkyPriority benefits, you must be SkyTeam ElitePlus.

If your AMEX is Centurion or Platinum (unbranded) you can access Sky Clubs with a same day DL Boarding Pass. https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access You can pay a fee for up to 2 Guests.
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by El Boocho View Post
Yes, hence the obscure hat reference. Figured someone would get it. "I can feel three kinds of softness." That episode was a classic
Huh, I had completely forgotten about that bit. Most of my references to this episode are about reaching brooms, dialing wands, and muumuus

"If the paper turns clear..."
Old Mar 10, 21, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Huh, I had completely forgotten about that bit. Most of my references to this episode are about reaching brooms, dialing wands, and muumuus

"If the paper turns clear..."
Don't forget the "towel rack"!
Back before 5 guys was a franchise and they only had a couple of stores in the DC area and one by the shore, they served their greasy fries in a paper bag (maybe they still do). Nearly immediately the bag would become a bit transparent. We'd always joke "window to weight gain"
Comedic genius I tell you (the episode, not me)
Zorak likes this.

Last edited by El Boocho; Mar 10, 21 at 5:04 pm
Old Mar 10, 21, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Sweet, that's only 50ish pounds. Much more doable...
Old Mar 10, 21, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
(Googles for lead-lined clothing)
Old Mar 10, 21, 7:48 pm

If you want to meet in NJ, I've got a friend who's a Plastic Surgeon, and I'll gladly donate 50 lbs of fat that he can liposuction directly over to you.

Search this Thread