Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Haply Sunday. International Women’s Day Brunch at our favorite local brewery that happens to be a woman-owned business. Avocado pretzel for me and pretzel lox Benedict for Mrs. P. Not pictured: the excellent beers.
Looks good. I raise you a bloody Mary and crudite cup from the AS N boardroom

-J.
Zorak likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Wait, did I miss something? Is DL rolling over status again this year? Between job hunting and prepping the house, I am so disconnected from normal life right now

BTW, GW, thank you for that instagram link. Made me chuckle.

It's a sunny day, think I'm going to gas up and head outta town on a daytrip. Maybe visit Chautauqua Lake in NY. I am REALLY missing New England right now (March/April and the late Fall were often when I would road trip thru tiny towns, to shake off the winter blues).
That's pretty. I stopped there when driving through in summer 2019. I remember the PA interstate being unpleasant, with a weird gap in the interstate too, although taking the winery route in the return direction was a bit better.

However, doesn't NYS (not just NYC) have quarantine/testing rules for visitors?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 8, 2021 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:14 pm

Red face

Looking forward to try that
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:33 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's pretty. I stopped there when driving through in summer 2019. I remember the PA interstate being unpleasant, with a weird gap in the interstate too, although taking the winery route in the return direction was a bit better.

Unpleasant is one way to describe the interstates in PA.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Unpleasant is one way to describe the interstates in PA.
Some of them are OK, such as the one going east-west across the northern part of PA, IIRC I-80 and also the one going from Breezewood south toward DC.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Last night when I landed, I was very surprised to see there was no signage or anybody asking about the traveler health form. Actually, I didn't even think about it until I was in my Lyft heading home.

Tomorrow I get my second dose of the vaccine!

-J.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:00 pm

Some of them are OK, such as the one going east-west across the northern part of PA, IIRC I-80 and also the one going from Breezewood south toward DC.
Not sure how long ago it was that you drove them, but they are all rather horrible now.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Not sure how long ago it was that you drove them, but they are all rather horrible now.
beat me to it, and I couldn't have said it better
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
I always know when I cross into or out of Pennsylvania when driving.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm trying to think of language that won't get me a time-out on FT to describe I-78 and I-81 in PA. I have to drive them twice a year between NJ and MD as part of my trip to and from New Orleans and they are atrocious. Lousier than I-95 which is a better roadway with worse traffic and a longer route and is universally hated.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I'm trying to think of language that won't get me a time-out on FT to describe I-78 and I-81 in PA. I have to drive them twice a year between NJ and MD as part of my trip to and from New Orleans and they are atrocious. Lousier than I-95 which is a better roadway with worse traffic and a longer route and is universally hated.
If you want to meet at a brewery in PA on one of your trips, let me know.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
If you want to meet at a brewery in PA on one of your trips, let me know.
Will do!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:49 pm

What’s wrong with them these days? I guess things have changed but I used to regularly drive I-81to I-78 between VA and CT and it wasn’t so bad. Def better than 95 the whole way. Also drove nearly the entire 15 from MD all the way up to RT 6. Every week for 6 months. It was boring, but uneventful. I’ll cede you East to west is a long boring haul
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho
What’s wrong with them these days? I guess things have changed but I used to regularly drive I-81to I-78 between VA and CT and it wasn’t so bad. Def better than 95 the whole way. Also drove nearly the entire 15 from MD all the way up to RT 6. Every week for 6 months. It was boring, but uneventful. I’ll cede you East to west is a long boring haul
What changed is PA started using road tax money to pay for mass transit instead of putting it back into fixing the roads.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by El Boocho
... the entire 15 from MD all the way up to RT 6. Every week for 6 months. ...
that’s actually a nice drive; for my 2x/year Chantilly-to-Ithaca trip, US15/NY17/NY13 was maybe 40 miles shorter than I-95/83/81/NY79, about a breakeven on total time, and orders of magnitude less stress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.