Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Grace had her doggy daycare evaluation and flunked, through no fault of her own. The rescue administered her bordatella and distemper vaccinations, and they won't accept those. They require them to be given by a vet.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's National Engineers Week.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's National Engineers Week.
No celebrations though since engineers don’t go out for wild parties.

How can you tell you’re talking to an extroverted engineer?
They look at your shoes when you’re talking to them.

An optimist sees the glass as half-full. A pessimist sees the glass as half-empty. An engineer sees the glass as being twice as big as it needs to be.

Aerospace engineers build modern, state-of-the-art weapons systems and the platforms to deliver them. Civil engineers build the targets.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
two electrical engineering students met in an antenna theory class, began dating, and eventually got married ... the wedding wasn't much, but the reception was outstanding
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"

The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello George, what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"

The green-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."

The group fell silent for a moment. The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."

The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
two electrical engineering students met in an antenna theory class, began dating, and eventually got married ... the wedding wasn't much, but the reception was outstanding
An EE's around?
Was the music provide by the 2 Meter Band? Wondering about frequency, was it their first weddings. Questions to reflect on, propagation theory - how many kids were they planning on?

jrl767 - one good groan deserves some others.(not as good though)
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
An EE's around?
nope; major was in Mechanical & Aero, minor in Theoretical & Applied Mechanics
El Boocho likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:55 pm

lol. I guess in my world that would be like majoring in financial and cost accounting with a minor in tax and audit.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
GROAN
I'm fond of:

"the difference between digital engineers and analog engineers is that the analog engineers KNOW when they're designing an antenna"
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
"the difference between digital engineers and analog engineers is that the analog engineers KNOW when they're designing an antenna"
that's excellent!

and of course in the software world there are only 10 kinds of engineers: those who understand binary and those who don't
MSPeconomist, Zorak and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

“The universe revolves around engineers because they set the coordinate system”.

Three engineers were arguing over what type of engineer God was when he designed the human body.
“God must be a mechanical engineer,” says the first. “Just look at the joints in the human body."
“No,” say’s the second man. “God must be an electrical engineer -- just look at the nervous system."
“You’re both wrong,” says the third man. "God has to be a civil engineer.”
“Why’s that?” ask the other two men.
“Well who else would run a waste disposal pipeline through a perfectly good recreational area?"

Before studying engineering, if someone asked me what 1+1 is, I would have said 2. Now, I'd say I'm pretty sure it's 2, but we'd better make it 3 just to be safe.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Three engineers were arguing over what type of engineer God was when he designed the human body.
“God must be a mechanical engineer,” says the first. “Just look at the joints in the human body."
“No,” say’s the second man. “God must be an electrical engineer -- just look at the nervous system."
“Well who else would run a waste disposal pipeline through a perfectly good recreational area?"
Another one goes something like, only a hardware engineer would use the same tube for two different inputs and say "screw it, we'll work around the problem in the firmware"
Old Feb 24, 2021, 7:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Cool

The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by El Boocho
lol. I guess in my world that would be like majoring in financial and cost accounting with a minor in tax and audit.
Barn burners all

Although I joke....I know from real life that my colleagues can drink me under a table, so perhaps, behind a lengthy degree can lurk the soul of a partyboy...

Last edited by navi_jen; Feb 25, 2021 at 6:23 am
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
“The universe revolves around engineers because they set the coordinate system”.

Oh. my. My stepfather would have loved this joke (He was a lawyer who often told inappropriate jokes, sometimes to his clients).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.