Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So it looks like Delta (the hurricane) will miss ATL. However, in the OP of the Hurricane Delta (can we abbreviate it as DL?) thread here, it's referred to as a "she". Some would say that this isn't politically correct, but my objection is that it's called Delta and not Deltalina.

BTW it's 27 F this morning in Hibbing/Chisholm. Warm wishes to the call center agents up there in the frozen north. Tomorrow will be 82 again here, like yesterday according to my car, although the weather forecasters said only 79 yesterday. I wish we could get a nice steady gradual fall with consistently mild temps rather than this bang bang stuff.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:58 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's an impressive office setup. Did all of that equipment fit into the car? (IIRC you were planning to drive to NOLA.)

Today I suffered through four zoom meetings: an hour and a half at breakfast timre for me (but late afternoon for European participants), an hour in the late morning, almost three hours in the late afternoon, and then about three hours in the evening, after only a brief break from the previous long meeting via zoom.

Tomorrow I have a late afternoon meeting (close to three hours) that's likely to run late. I'm also concerned about more protests, etc. since the cop who allegedly killed George Floyd was released on bond ($1M bail with conditions, including not leaving the state) from jail earlier today, with some protests tonight. It's unclear how much damage occurred today. Despite the good weather, I suspect I'll be hibernating at home this weekend.

The carjackings around here are freaking me out: twelve and thirteen year old criminals threatening people with guns in broad daylight not so far from my office. This weekend three teens (15, 16 and 15 or 16, supposedly all good kids) died in a rollover crash at about 2 am Sunday night (don't they go to school Monday morning?) when police started to chase a car with its license plates removed (how to attract attention????) that had been carjacked the previous day at gunpoint. Hence another "reason" for the current protests.
Sorry about all of the meetings!

The carjackings are scary!
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The monitors and the desktop stay in MSY. The 5 notebooks all fit in a 'Bankers Box" along with all of the power supplies and cables. The tablet is an everyday item. The server which will be unpacked and setup today, travels in HP factory packaging. You'd be amazed at how much stuff one can pack into a Scion Xb. This trip had 12 boxes, the server, 3 suitcases, 3 backpacks, 4 ammunition boxes, a gun case, a guitar, and a few miscellaneous handbags. And, the rear view mirror was still usable.

The carjacking situation in MSY has always been bad. Most are by teens who are recruited for the job since if they're caught they receive minimal punishment. It's really a shame.

I'll try to make tonight's Happy Hour. I have my every 3 week medical treatment today and tomorrow which hopefully won't interfere.
Good luck today and tomorrow!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:32 am

GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Thorsday from South Padre Island, TX. The hurricane should split the difference between here and where SuperG is in MSY.

View from our room’s patio at sunrise
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Happy Thorsday! I'll be on my way to Tahoe this afternoon.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:18 pm

I just woke up from a nap or I'd join the happy hour. But, I'm groggy and don't feel like putting on non-PJs.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's wrong with PJs at a happy hour from home? It would be different if the attire were a sheer negligee. It would also be different for a work from home zoom business meeting, where one really should try to look somewhat businesslike above the waist.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by kipper
I just woke up from a nap or I'd join the happy hour. But, I'm groggy and don't feel like putting on non-PJs.
What's wrong with PJs at a happy hour from home? It would be different if the attire were a sheer negligee. It would also be different for a work from home zoom business meeting, where one really should try to look somewhat businesslike above the waist.
IIt would liven up the Happy Hour and probably increase attendance.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:23 pm

I just can't bring myself to wear PJs to a happy hour.
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
IIt would liven up the Happy Hour and probably increase attendance.
LOL, let's not try that.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
PJs, sweatshirt, what’s the diff? esp if you sit close enough to the camera that nothing below shoulder level is in the field of view anyway
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
PJs, sweatshirt, what’s the diff? esp if you sit close enough to the camera that nothing below shoulder level is in the field of view anyway
I would know.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:34 pm

I'm hoping to enjoy a long weekend!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:47 am

LOL, let's not try that.
Do you ever wear PJs on a plane, such as an overnight TPAC flight?

BTW, in Australia, some people wear Qantas PJs to the beach. It's apparently a status symbol among the natives.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
What if we all wore PJ’s we’ve received from the airlines?

Sadly I never got a pair of D1 PJs but I did get Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:55 am

Do you ever wear PJs on a plane, such as an overnight TPAC flight?

BTW, in Australia, some people wear Qantas PJs to the beach. It's apparently a status symbol among the natives.
LOL, no, I usually wear yoga pants and a tunic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.