Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Pumpkin is enjoying exploring the CLE metroparks (this is 15 minutes from my house, and I can hike up to 15 miles on trails here...not bad for the suburbs!).

Of course, no one is wearing masks, so I don't stay out long and I step off the trail when I see anyone coming. But it's been fun exploring. But I do think his repair manual is still packed. His parts never seem to fit back together right after a day out. Though I suspect this relaxed pose indicates he's not hating the move or his new digs.
That's gorgeous!

Perhaps Pumpkin needs some parts changed out?
Originally Posted by jrl767
loooooong back story — summer before last, one of our son’s college classmates stayed with us for a couple months during his Boeing internship; we were hoping to meet his family at graduation last year, but weren’t able to make the connection ... when we learned they were coming to Seattle for a visit, we offered to host (outdoor, appropriately distanced) dinner

early last week we settled on tonight; son was making notional plans w friend on Thurs evening and learned (“oh-by-the-way”) that dinner didn’t just involve friend’s parents, but also his four siblings

they said they would bring chicken adobo (a family favorite dish) ... son smoked a brisket on the Big Green Egg, Mrs767made her four-cheese mac and cheese, and I grilled fresh sockeye salmon fillets three ways (lemon/onion, bbq rub, and homemade arugula pesto)

everything actually went surprisingly well ... but we will almost certainly do at least one brewery/food truck run later this week
LOL, failure to communicate...

That looks delicious!!!
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Was sunny this afternoon here but this morning we got moderate to heavy rain for a few hours from the outter bands of Hanna up here in the SAT area. The worst of the storm stayed well south of us here though.
I hope if we have monsoon storms later this week. I am not quite sure. Guess we won't know for sure. We meed a rains. Too tired of high extreme heat weather. Hopefully the temperature is dropping.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
loooooong back story — summer before last, one of our son’s college classmates stayed with us for a couple months during his Boeing internship; we were hoping to meet his family at graduation last year, but weren’t able to make the connection ... when we learned they were coming to Seattle for a visit, we offered to host (outdoor, appropriately distanced) dinner

early last week we settled on tonight; son was making notional plans w friend on Thurs evening and learned (“oh-by-the-way”) that dinner didn’t just involve friend’s parents, but also his four siblings

they said they would bring chicken adobo (a family favorite dish) ... son smoked a brisket on the Big Green Egg, Mrs767made her four-cheese mac and cheese, and I grilled fresh sockeye salmon fillets three ways (lemon/onion, bbq rub, and homemade arugula pesto)

everything actually went surprisingly well ... but we will almost certainly do at least one brewery/food truck run later this week
I saw the post before lunch today. Now I'm salivating and trying to get my appetite under control. What a beautiful presentation.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I saw the post before lunch today. Now I'm salivating and trying to get my appetite under control. What a beautiful presentation.
Same. I ended up eating lunch earlier than normal because I was so hungry after seeing this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Also agree.
@jrl767, tell your son nice work on the brisket, good smoke ring. But that only looks like 2 lbs. Where's the rest? :-0)
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, failure to communicate... ...
which is something we have known well for two years

son was home from RIC for ~10 days, friend arrived a couple days into his visit and son said "You can stay with my parents" ... the three of us figured that " ... for the week that I'm home" was implied, but friend had no such perspective

he was very quiet, very responsible, did his own shopping and cooking and laundry, gave Buddy a lot of attention, connected with Mrs767 on FB and me on LinkedIn afterwards, but never once mentioned any $$ contribution

That looks delicious!!!
thanks
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Also agree.
@jrl767, tell your son nice work on the brisket, good smoke ring. But that only looks like 2 lbs. Where's the rest? :-0)
~5 lb on another cutting board in the kitchen (physical space limitations on the outside table, y'know ... ) (of course it's now in the fridge; son took some for lunch today, and it will provide at least one more dinner this week)
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:51 am

which is something we have known well for two years

son was home from RIC for ~10 days, friend arrived a couple days into his visit and son said "You can stay with my parents" ... the three of us figured that " ... for the week that I'm home" was implied, but friend had no such perspective

he was very quiet, very responsible, did his own shopping and cooking and laundry, gave Buddy a lot of attention, connected with Mrs767 on FB and me on LinkedIn afterwards, but never once mentioned any $$ contribution

thanks

~5 lb on another cutting board in the kitchen (physical space limitations on the outside table, y'know ... ) (of course it's now in the fridge; son took some for lunch today, and it will provide at least one more dinner this week)
LOL, oops. Although, the lack of a monetary contribution is troubling.

If you are looking for ways to dispose of the brisket, you can overnight some to me.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
If you are looking for ways to dispose of the brisket, you can overnight some to me.
you (and, I believe, several other Loungers) have mentioned that in response to my posts w photos of previous efforts that Egg-ceeded our Egg-spectations ... I'm not trying to be selfish, but, sorry not sorry, we aren't ...
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm sure Buddy has claimed first dibs on disposal opportunities if the humans aren't going to finish the brisket.

Ultimate first-world problems: I realized I forgot an item I need for a recipe when I placed my grocery order. I discovered this five minutes after the add-on window closed. Now I either have to go into the store when I go for pickup or order that item (and maybe one or two other things) for another pickup later in the week.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:58 pm

you (and, I believe, several other Loungers) have mentioned that in response to my posts w photos of previous efforts that Egg-ceeded our Egg-spectations ... I'm not trying to be selfish, but, sorry not sorry, we aren't ...

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm sure Buddy has claimed first dibs on disposal opportunities if the humans aren't going to finish the brisket.

Ultimate first-world problems: I realized I forgot an item I need for a recipe when I placed my grocery order. I discovered this five minutes after the add-on window closed. Now I either have to go into the store when I go for pickup or order that item (and maybe one or two other things) for another pickup later in the week.
True.

Can you call and ask them to add it on to your order?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'd have enclosed a label for a return package in the envelope I sent you.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Later this week, we getting more extremely hot weather here in Phoenix. The temperature is 111 or 114 degrees outside. We have stay inside. I won't go outside.

To all PHX FT Folks, please stay inside and stay hydrated! Drinks a lot of water. It's extremely important.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
@jrl767 Veddy nice dinner spread. Well done.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Update: I decided to go into the store to grab a couple cans of coconut milk. Mask wear was mostly good except one of woman who had it barely covering her lower lip so most of her mouth and her nose were exposed. Here’s the result.

Thai red curry with peppers, onions, calabaza squash, kale, and tofu

I also decided I drank too much over the weekend, so I’m abstaining until 1800 CDT Thursday.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Update: I decided to go into the store to grab a couple cans of coconut milk. Mask wear was mostly good except one of woman who had it barely covering her lower lip so most of her mouth and her nose were exposed. Here’s the result.

I also decided I drank too much over the weekend, so I’m abstaining until 1800 CDT Thursday.
You know what? I like to eat Thai foods. It's so delicious! I ate chicken and beef curry. It's very good. I just ate Thai foods in a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.