Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Wow, I come back from vacation and the Lounge has moved! What is this insanity? First day back at work today was rough after 10 days in Hawaii.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BenA

Same - I would occasionally pop into the old one to listen in, but catching up on all the conversation felt too daunting. Maybe I’ll actually manage to keep up this time around!
You must read the old one first! YoullY find a lot of puns and groans.
Originally Posted by beachmouse
There were two box turtles getting it on in my driveway this morning. I did not take pictures to share, lest I offend tender sensibilities here.
How do you know they were box turtles? Were they in a box?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:24 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Our flight home today. They're asking for donations in exchange for a photo with the plane.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Wow, I come back from vacation and the Lounge has moved! What is this insanity? First day back at work today was rough after 10 days in Hawaii.
Welcome back. It can be a tough adjustment (work after Hawaii vacation; not the new lounge thread )
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kipper
Our flight home today. They're asking for donations in exchange for a photo with the plane.
Very neat!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
There were two box turtles getting it on in my driveway this morning. I did not take pictures to share, lest I offend tender sensibilities here.
Were they having a shellabration? Turtley awesome!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Tender? Turtle soup for you. Or were they being sweet and romantic with each other, like true love?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Tender? Turtle soup for you. Or were they being sweet and romantic with each other, like true love?
One of them is a regular in our yard that we enjoy seeing hang out on the sidewalk, and we're thrilled that they seem to have made a love connection.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe the regular will return to show off the children. How do you feel about being grandparents to slow critters with hard shells?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe the regular will return to show off the children. How do you feel about being grandparents to slow critters with hard shells?
Since they're some of the more benign wildlife in town (yes, there are gators in the golf course lakes and ponds- it is Florida after all) , it works for me
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Halloween to all the Lounge ghouls.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

For some reason everyone in my group is dressed like tacky tourists today. Maybe because it's Thorsday eve?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Glad to see this new thread; it feels more open to all. I felt that the old one had become a small circle of insiders.

I write from Devizes, England, taking a rest day after 4 days of a 6-day walk along the Kennet and Avon Canal between Reading and Bath. This is my 8th long-distance walk in Europe and the latest in the year I’ve ever done. It gets dark much too early!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:41 am

It gets dark much too early here too, and it will get worse after the weekend when DST goes into effect.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Glad to see this new thread; it feels more open to all. I felt that the old one had become a small circle of insiders.
I understand that it can feel intimidating to some, if it feels like there are a lot of old timers and regulars with dense inside jokes etc. but the old thread was just as open as this one -- it's in the title!

I encourage people to just jump in. It's how I got started in the Lounge 3+ years ago, and some of the OMNI threads etc. We don't bite! Except maybe Howste if he hasn't been fed recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.