Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Woohoo!!! I've been approved to work from home all next week!
Maybe you should assume that working from home will last longer than one week. In particular, take home anything you might need (or that could rot in your office).
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:12 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe you should assume that working from home will last longer than one week. In particular, take home anything you might need (or that could rot in your office).
I was told to expect it to last through the end of the month.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I was told to expect it to last through the end of the month.
Or the end of the world, whichever is first...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:38 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
Or the end of the world, whichever is first...
It will be like the end of the world if I run out of coffee or alcohol at the house. I'm pretty confident that my coffee supply can last for a month or two.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It will be like the end of the world if I run out of coffee or alcohol at the house. I'm pretty confident that my coffee supply can last for a month or two.
I have a large enough liquor in my personal collection to last several weeks, if not months, especially since I don't drink as much as I used to (the bugger I am drunk thread notwithstanding).

I suppose it would be an inappropriate time to organize a drinking DO.

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m seriously thinking about getting into home brewing ... although from today’s initial research, it’s about a four-week process before it’s ready to drink
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I have a large enough liquor in my personal collection to last several weeks, if not months, especially since I don't drink as much as I used to (the bugger I am drunk thread notwithstanding).

I suppose it would be an inappropriate time to organize a drinking DO.

-J.
I also don't drink as much as I used to, so although I'm not a collector by any means, I've accumulated a bunch of red wine that could last me a while, plus a few bottles of Chard (that are getting rather old by Chardonnay standards so I should probably drink those anyway). And that's not even considering the single malts...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Zorak
I also don't drink as much as I used to, so although I'm not a collector by any means, I've accumulated a bunch of red wine that could last me a while, plus a few bottles of Chard (that are getting rather old by Chardonnay standards so I should probably drink those anyway). And that's not even considering the single malts...
I am not a collector either. It is more of an accumulation from when I did drink more. I think a lot of it will end up being gifts.

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I am not a collector either. It is more of an accumulation from when I did drink more. ...
... and, no doubt, from flights when you ordered a couple of drinks but actually pocketed the miniatures ...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
... and, no doubt, from flights when you ordered a couple of drinks but actually pocketed the miniatures ...
Oh man. I forgot about those. They take up the entire side pocket of my rolling tote that I had with me. Those make great gifts. I don't want to drink them because I don't know when I'll get more

In there is mostly Tito's. There's one mini of Woodford and one of that hazelnut espresso vodka.

-J.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Beering my way around SAN...

Wasn't overly impressed at first, though the Tropic Thunder grew on me after a while.

The bartender then said I should try the DIPA too. Ok, twist my arm

Today I took the trolley out to Santee to check out the Gillespie Field Annex of the SD Air & Space Museum. Some neat stuff! And also I walked past a tasting room, gosh.

Bonkers, Weirder Science, Collider, Oddments. IPAs were ok (I liked Bonkers the most), stout is excellent.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I’m seriously thinking about getting into home brewing ... although from today’s initial research, it’s about a four-week process before it’s ready to drink
Yes, minimum of four weeks but usually a little longer until it's good. Two weeks to ferment and a minimum of two weeks to bottle condition although most beers get better between about the two week and one month marks.

Guilty! I ordered a Woodford and Fresca today intending to drink the Fresca and pocket the bourbon, but the FA mixed them before handing it to me. This was in C+ where they don't normally do that.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Guilty! I ordered a Woodford and Fresca today intending to drink the Fresca and pocket the bourbon, but the FA mixed them before handing it to me. This was in C+ where they don't normally do that.
That's an, uhh, interesting combination.

-J.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy Saturday. Looking forward to an exciting weekend of:

Laundry
Ordering parts for my fridge (a door handle broke)
Soliciting estimates for getting my front/side steps painted on the house
Cooking up Pumpkin's chicken
Whipping up some marinated antipasto, and if I get really movitated, either a Mushroom Tart and/or Michigan Sour Cherry Pie

What's on tap? (besides JRL's beer )

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 14, 2020 at 8:44 am
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy Saturday! I am going to the hospital to visit my grandmother. We are bringing her tuna salad with the Genova tuna she likes, among other things.

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.