Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Warning: actual Delta question! Someone in here would probably know the answer to this. I have the platinum SkyMiles Amex card. Do I have to be traveling to use the companion cert, or can I give it to someone else (who could be a companion)? I imagine it would have to be paid for with this CC but that's not a big deal. It expires in August and I haven't used it in idk eight years; I'm canceling the card this year but want to see if I can get some use out of it before time's up.

-J.
You do not need to be traveling (even if you are, you don't have to be the primary traveler, you can be the companion if for some reason the other person needs the MQMs/MQDs more) and assuming nothing has changed then you can book it with any AMEX card, doesn't have to be the one that generated the cert or even a DL co-brand. Also unless things have changed, the cert is still good through it's original expiration date even if you cancel the card (despite the disclaimer they will read you saying it will be forfeited)
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Zorak
You do not need to be traveling (even if you are, you don't have to be the primary traveler, you can be the companion if for some reason the other person needs the MQMs/MQDs more) and assuming nothing has changed then you can book it with any AMEX card, doesn't have to be the one that generated the cert or even a DL co-brand. Also unless things have changed, the cert is still good through it's original expiration date even if you cancel the card (despite the disclaimer they will read you saying it will be forfeited)
Thanks! At least it will go to good use now.

-J.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Cholula
Kipper's idea of a gourmet meal is Campbell's Tomato soup, white bread and milk.
Give me some credit. I don't like tomato soup.
If it makes you feel any better, it's a once-in-a-while drink, not an everyday drink. I also spiked it with plain vodka lol.

Chased with an IPA!

-J.
Nut allergy, so I avoid anything hazelnut.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Oh, and don't forget that it's...

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:14 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Oh, and don't forget that it's...

Yummy!
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
I actually noticed that when I look at my certificates in My Wallet, it even shows Fully Transferable on the main screen. I usually book mine using my unbranded Amex Plat card for the 5x points (and now travel delay insurance as well).
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hope everyone's weekend is going well so far. Very cold here in NYC.
For a pretty wimpy value of "Very cold". It needs to be negative, with multiple digits (F), because that can even be considered.
MSPeconomist and findark like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
For a pretty wimpy value of "Very cold". It needs to be negative, with multiple digits (F), because that can even be considered.
Mid-40s, windy, and wet in Texas. That's very cold here. I do remember a week while living in OH that the warmest temperature we reach for the entire week was -6F, with most of the week in the negative teens or twenties.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jrl767
the inside of the pub isn’t dog-friendly; son missed out, as he is currently on his way back from a friend’s wedding in RIC ... guessing he is enjoying a Woodford (on his own nickel; I sent him a screen shot of four HOOUs, since if I clicked on one I got a “Do you want to redeem this voucher now?” popup)
I get that popup, and click "yes". Then it shows me the voucher full-screen, I screen save and text it to my wife, who uses it without a problem.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Mid-40s, windy, and wet in Texas. That's very cold here. I do remember a week while living in OH that the warmest temperature we reach for the entire week was -6F, with most of the week in the negative teens or twenties.
Sorry, but very cold is -40.

Factlet of the day: -40 F = -40 C.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Let me rephrase: it was chilly.

-J.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

-40 sounds uninhabitable.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-40 sounds uninhabitable.
For wimps.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by sethb
For wimps.
If you can actually spend time outside in those temperatures, more power to you. IME, once temperatures get below somewhere around -10, people are only going straight from house to car to office to grocery store, etc. As someone who likes to run outdoors for 30-90 minutes a day, it sounds miserable to me.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
If you can actually spend time outside in those temperatures, more power to you. IME, once temperatures get below somewhere around -10, people are only going straight from house to car to office to grocery store, etc. As someone who likes to run outdoors for 30-90 minutes a day, it sounds miserable to me.
Exactly. Meanwhile I have no problem golfing in a 110+ deg in Arizona or Nevada or even when it's 100+ deg and and 90+ humidity in Texas in August, while my in-laws up north who regularly call us wimps for who we gripe about what constitutes "cold" whine about how it being so freakin' hot when it's in the upper 80s up north.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.