Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
The link isn't working so I'm trying my quote trick.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:25 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The link isn't working so I'm trying my quote trick.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No puppy report today?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well there was water everywhere this weekend and plenty of evidence of flooding. At my Hilton Garden Inn on the banks of the Missouri river in Sioux City, the river was very swollen. Loads of flooded fields and I29 closed in the areA of I80 intersection. My plans were not interrupted. Just AR, OK, WY, MT and KS to visit now and then will have visited all 50 states while resident in Georgia.

Yes I know- I record some crazy s---h -- one -tee

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Apr 8, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No puppy report today?
Puppies are with their adoptive parents. Mr. Kipper and I arrived home around 11;30 last night. I'm working from home today, while he has a day trip to Philadelphia for work. I promised to have dinner ready when he gets home so he can eat dinner and go to bed.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:09 am

Morning, Lounge! I don't want to go to work today. I'll work, but I want to stay home for work.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm a bit surprised that mattp1987 hasn't yet chimed in about Virginia's win last night
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:24 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
My plans were not interrupted. Just AR, OK, WY, MT and KS to visit now and then will have visited all 50 states while resident in Georgia.

I've been to 49 states . . . . and I think 61 countries at last count.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well there was water everywhere this weekend and plenty of evidence of flooding. At my Hilton Garden Inn on the banks of the Missouri river in Sioux City, the river was very swollen. Loads of flooded fields and I29 closed in the areA of I80 intersection. My plans were not interrupted. Just AR, OK, WY, MT and KS to visit now and then will have visited all 50 states while resident in Georgia.

You lucked out in that now a big section of I-29 is closed between Omaha and Kansas City.

Did you go into Sioux Falls to see the falls (in the park that's very close to downtown)? It might have been fun to see them when where's so much water, although it's also nice during the fall leaf season.

Sioux City is a small place. Did you find something to amuse yourself or at least a good place for F&B?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta GM
Mr. Kipper and I are headed to Mishawaka, IN this weekend. I get to pick up the Berner pups tomorrow!!!
You guys were right in my neck of the woods! Glad to hear the trip went smoothly
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta, Accor, Marriott
Better upgrade odds - BOS>>LGA or CVG>>ORD

Booking a summer, mid-morning, Thursday ticket between Boston and Chicago. Price and schedule for connections through LGA and CVG are similar. Any thoughts as to which routing will have better upgrade chances for an FO?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by grandchampion
Booking a summer, mid-morning, Thursday ticket between Boston and Chicago. Price and schedule for connections through LGA and CVG are similar. Any thoughts as to which routing will have better upgrade chances for an FO?
Zero through LGA as these are elite heavy business routes and Thursday is a big day for business travel.

CVG might be *slightly* better depending on aircraft types, but FOs shouldn't be optimistic at all.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
You guys were right in my neck of the woods! Glad to hear the trip went smoothly
Next time, I'll try to remember that and we can meet for drinks.
JoelThomas likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Next time, I'll try to remember that and we can meet for drinks.
Probably passed about five miles from my apartment, although it sounds like you had a pretty busy trip. Thanks for the photos though!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm a bit surprised that mattp1987 hasn't yet chimed in about Virginia's win last night
I've been trying to make sure it really happened and I didn't just dream it. That and we didn't get home until close to midnight and I left for work at 0530 so not much time for FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.